Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 07:43 PM

Re: PM messages!

Sorry mags , was just trying to show that pms on forums weren’t always wise and the restrictions here, whilst in place for spammers, give you a chance to get a ‘feel’ about someone
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Leia ->
PMs can be used to intimidate people.

If you find a PM intimidating just ignore it or send it to admin and they will deal with it.
Delete pms unread if you find the sender upsetting.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Click on your Control Panel above

>>> Edit Options

Scroll down to Private Messaging, disable or select which option suits you.
Originally Posted by Muddy ->
If you find a PM intimidating just ignore it or send it to admin and they will deal with it.
Delete pms unread if you find the sender upsetting.
Thank you for your advice Mags and Muddy.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 08:46 PM

Well here’s my tuppence worth on PM’s.
I very seldom use PM’s, and mainly only to reply to someone or to wish them well if they were sick. I look upon it as a sort of emergency facility between members, the last thing I could think of would be to abuse or insult anyone through a private message, a real creeping cowards way to treat someone

I’m with Floydy here, say what you have to say up front and respect the other persons opinion even if it differs from your own, but who knows what goes on behind the scenes with PM’s.

I don’t think I ever had a filled up PM box in me life, nor do I want one either, but I suppose this thread is a good idea for those who love that extra bit of private yapping, and just like the proverbial cup, I hope your boxes are overflowing with love.
While we’re on about messages, any sign of the message board coming back? That was always handy to greet folks and send congratulations or thanks to a fellow member without using the PM system, then of course someone had to go and balls the whole thing up by abusing it.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 08:49 PM

The thing is that the pm box is quite small and fills up very quickly .
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 08:51 PM

People can also lie about receiving abusive/intimidating PMs; I've known this to happen.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Well here’s my tuppence worth on PM’s.
I very seldom use PM’s, and mainly only to reply to someone or to wish them well if they were sick. I look upon it as a sort of emergency facility between members, the last thing I could think of would be to abuse or insult anyone through a private message, a real creeping cowards way to treat someone

I’m with Floydy here, say what you have to say up front and respect the other persons opinion even if it differs from your own, but who knows what goes on behind the scenes with PM’s.

I don’t think I ever had a filled up PM box in me life, nor do I want one either, but I suppose this thread is a good idea for those who love that extra bit of private yapping, and just like the proverbial cup, I hope your boxes are overflowing with love.
While we’re on about messages, any sign of the message board coming back? That was always handy to greet folks and send congratulations or thanks to a fellow member without using the PM system, then of course someone had to go and balls the whole thing up by abusing it.
Agree with you Jem, I rarely use PMs and I miss the message board, not that I have had any tips to pass on lately!
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
People can also lie about receiving abusive/intimidating PMs; I've known this to happen.
I suppose you will always get the odd loon who lies and invents things that did not happen but I tend to judge it by the person making the claim or if these stories come from multiple sources
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 09:21 PM

When l send a message, l usually delete it straight away. I like to keep my message box at 90% and then there’s no problem.

I feel that it would be nice if some new members who are well known to long standing existing members could be recommended and given a reference so that they can be messaged straight away.

For these reasons, I would like to say, ‘Hi’ to Norway who l know and can vouch for.
Norway, l can’t send you a pm but would like to say, l hope you and your wife are keeping well.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 09:25 PM

I sense a hidden agenda on here...sniff, sniff....

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top