Join for free
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2015, 09:17 AM

Patio tree's.

I had my garden made low maintenance so I don't have any soil for planting in. I'm growing quite a lot of plants in pots though and the other day at Lidl they were selling patio fruit tree's for £10. It said Victoria on the label so I guess they were plums. The branches were completely bare & looked dead but I guess they hadn't started to sprout yet.

I was tempted to buy one but Tony put me off - said it would never grow in a pot.
Well they WERE called patio trees! I may go back for one when he isn't looking.

Has anybody got a fruit tree in a pot?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2015, 09:50 AM

Re: Patio tree's.

I have a gooseberry in tub and that does quite well (apart from the sawflies but it would get them anyway )
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2015, 10:49 AM

Re: Patio tree's.

Originally Posted by carol ->
I had my garden made low maintenance so I don't have any soil for planting in. I'm growing quite a lot of plants in pots though and the other day at Lidl they were selling patio fruit tree's for £10. It said Victoria on the label so I guess they were plums. The branches were completely bare & looked dead but I guess they hadn't started to sprout yet.

I was tempted to buy one but Tony put me off - said it would never grow in a pot.
Well they WERE called patio trees! I may go back for one when he isn't looking.

Has anybody got a fruit tree in a pot?
They would be grown on dwarf rooting stock so they would naturally be small but nontheless they would need repotting into a bigger pot from time to time.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top