Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2015, 07:26 PM

Re: keeping birds off veg/flower plants

Bleeding cabbage whites-they seem to be able to lay on fleece as well.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2015, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I tried CDs and they only worked for a short time until the birds got used to them being there and found they posed no threat. In the end I used fine netting for the birds but the cabbage white butterflies still managed to lay eggs on my broccoli .
I realise it's controversial but I also use insecticides and fungicides on my fruit and veg, without them my produce wouldn't be fit to eat.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2015, 08:06 PM

I use a few too Alan-but grief go back the years -even in 1977 when I started
It`s a wonder anyone survived.

I went `organic` so used nicotine-ha ha what a poison that is
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2015, 10:34 PM

You'll have to make a good old fashioned scarecrow.

That reminds me - in the paper the other day there was a man found dead, I think it was in Argentina, and it said he was naked from the waste down. Apparently he had been trying to have sex with a scarecrow. He'd even put a wig and lipstick on it!!!!!
I kid you not.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top