Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2015, 10:28 PM

Re: Seeds & Planting

Damn, I forgot to buy some fleece in our shop this weekend. I have lots of tiny seedlings recently planted out. I forgot about this threatened patch of bad weather.

I do have some polythene cloches. Though a bit on the flimsy side they may offer a bit of protection. The wire supports are thin and so bendy, but then again they did only cost a quid each. I'll try getting them over my plants before the weather arrives.

I have out...beetroot, cauli, broc, cabbage, peas, broad beans, onion sets (and in between them I scattered some carrot seeds 2 days ago), and in the greenhouse are 4 kohl rabies in a pot. Oh, and I have my seed potatoes in the ground too.

I may have a tomato plant (in the greenhouse) but it's struggling a bit. A friend said don't buy any, she has loads, though she didn't offer one yesterday when she brought them over to pot on. We shall see. I'm not bothered.

Ooops, forgot to plant sweetcorn. I knew there was something missing.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top