Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2015, 09:46 AM

Re: Lawn weeds.

Dig out with a tool best suited-as mentioned above and keep mowing.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2015, 11:16 AM

The lawn would look a terrible mess if we dug out all the weeds - there are loads of them and some quite big.
The other day I bought some 'Roundup' weed killer for my weeds in general and on the writing on the bottle I saw there was a roundup gel for lawns. Apparently you just dab it on the leaves and it kills right down to the root. You have to protect the grass around it though as it's indiscriminate!
I've just ordered some from Amazon as the garden centre didn't stock it.

I'll let you know if it works.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2015, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
The lawn would look a terrible mess if we dug out all the weeds - there are loads of them and some quite big.
The other day I bought some 'Roundup' weed killer for my weeds in general and on the writing on the bottle I saw there was a roundup gel for lawns. Apparently you just dab it on the leaves and it kills right down to the root. You have to protect the grass around it though as it's indiscriminate!

You can use the ordinary stuff diluted properly and paint it on the leaves with a paint brush.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2015, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->

Hi Carol, I think your lawn will look a bigger mess with lots of dead weeds among the grass. I dug three dandelions out this morning when I spotted the flowers, it took me all of 2 minutes.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2015, 11:54 AM

I use Verdone in a proper sprayer at work and at home.

It takes time and sometimes might take a second spraying but it does work.

Just spray the weeds, not everything as it's safer for pets and wild animals too and it's more economical.

It's best done on a warm or sunny day so it dries quickly. stevmk2
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2015, 09:04 AM

Whats best for buttercups?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top