Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2015, 05:14 PM

Soon be summer

Some of my lovely Agapanthus from last year.
Reminds me of the lovely summer to come.

(I don't have a very good camera, so don't get the lovely clear pics like others post.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2015, 05:38 PM

Re: Soon be summer

Lovely flowers, i do hope get a nice hot summer this year
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2015, 06:46 PM

Things are starting to move now. My broad beans have flowers on them and my tomatoes are showing their second truss.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2015, 06:58 PM

Wow, your toms are quite a bit more advanced than mine Alan. When do you sow them?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2015, 07:07 PM

Reminds me of the lovely summer to come
Don't tempt fate Mups do you remember a couple of years ago when it rained all summer

My strawberries have flowers on now and one runner bean is up Lots of flowers on the raspberries and gooseberries too
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2015, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Wow, your toms are quite a bit more advanced than mine Alan. When do you sow them?
Middle of February Mups and grow them on in the house until early April then they go in the greenhouse to be covered over if there's a frost warning. They are growing very fast now.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2015, 07:46 PM

Gorgeous agapanthus, can see them no problem, hopefully we didn't get the good weather too soon with all that sunshine in April.
I have some in pots also. I don't grow any fruit and veg though only flowers.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

05-05-2015, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Middle of February Mups and grow them on in the house until early April then they go in the greenhouse to be covered over if there's a frost warning. They are growing very fast now.

Alan, is your greenhouse heated?
I am only growing cherries this year, Sweet Million and Super Sweet 100, I like both of those very much. They are about 16" high at the mo.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

05-05-2015, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Anita ->
Gorgeous agapanthus, can see them no problem, hopefully we didn't get the good weather too soon with all that sunshine in April.
I have some in pots also. I don't grow any fruit and veg though only flowers.

Hi Anita, I had 9 tubs of them, blues, a white and a couple of purples, but when a couple of them needed splitting this year, it was getting crazy, I had no room for any. In the end I gave about 4 tubs to a friend who loves them. I love my little dwarf white one too.
What feed do you use for yours?

The Iris's have all got some nice fat buds on them now. Mum used to have a beautiful bright canary yellow one in her garden, and I took a couple of cuttings from it before her house was sold, and I am really pleased to see they have big buds of them now, too. I shall always think of them as "Mum's Iris." I think she'd be pleased I kept them going.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK

06-05-2015, 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Alan, is your greenhouse heated?
I am only growing cherries this year, Sweet Million and Super Sweet 100, I like both of those very much. They are about 16" high at the mo.
No Mups, I don't heat my greenhouse........too expensive.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top