Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2015, 10:39 AM

Re: Hosepipe bans

I agree with Bazza, Meg.
I have got 2 outside taps and couldn't manage without them. You could hose Chloe's feet down when she's muddy then, as well.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2015, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Meg

Have you given any thought to see if a plumber can fit an outside tap. Not that difficult I would not think. A hole drilled in the outside wall near the water pipes inside and a connection. No harm in getting a free quote, then you could have a hoselock connector on the outside tap
Hi Bazza /Mups yes I have but I won't spend money unnecessarily and it is a bit complicated. My neighbour's son is plumber and offered to do it but I don't want him to and if I got anyone else they would be offended.

It is good exercise for me...
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2015, 10:49 AM

I am all for making life as easy as possible, understand what you are saying but what about in the future when you may not be able to carry a water bucket?.

At the beginning of this year I though I was fit and healthy, even to laying 96lb paving slabs and putting up a greenhouse. Now I am as week as a kitten in a few short months. You never know what is around the corner so I have prepared in advance for any future type things that might happen hopefully
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2015, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I am all for making life as easy as possible, understand what you are saying but what about in the future when you may not be able to carry a water bucket?.

At the beginning of this year I though I was fit and healthy, even to laying 96lb paving slabs and putting up a greenhouse. Now I am as week as a kitten in a few short months. You never know what is around the corner so I have prepared in advance for any future type things that might happen hopefully
...Bazza if it gets too much I will fit a tap or maybe I will move before then, I would like a smaller house.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2015, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree with Bazza, Meg.
I have got 2 outside taps and couldn't manage without them. You could hose Chloe's feet down when she's muddy then, as well.
I doubt there would be an Australian house without an outside tap at least front and back, my house has three.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2015, 12:05 PM

bruce is quoting Wollongong - Victoria - australia restrictions - ignore him!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2015, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
bruce is quoting Wollongong - Victoria - australia restrictions - ignore him!
Do try to keep up - I quite clearly quoted 'NSW', the state where all the people live.

BTW call me old fashioned but the convention is to give proper names capital letters; as in Australia. However 8 out of 10 for effort perhaps next time it will make sense.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2015, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Do try to keep up - I quite clearly quoted 'NSW', the state where all the people live.

BTW call me old fashioned but the convention is to give proper names capital letters; as in Australia. However 8 out of 10 for effort perhaps next time it will make sense.
what ever Bruce you are quoting aussie conditions to brits - what is the significance - soyou are clearly demonstrating obsessional traits and an unhealthy style for detail!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

10-05-2015, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
what ever Bruce you are quoting aussie conditions to brits - what is the significance - soyou are clearly demonstrating obsessional traits and an unhealthy style for detail!
So what? This is an international forum perhaps I am alone in this but I find discussing the differences as interesting as the similarities.

The subject is 'hosepipe bans' not 'British hosepipe bans'
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

10-05-2015, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I doubt there would be an Australian house without an outside tap at least front and back, my house has three.
I will have one of yours then Bruce you clearly have plenty...

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top