Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2017, 11:47 AM

Re: After months of soul searching I'm closing my business.

People not paying their bills are the bug bear of all small business's.

When we had ours, I was the debt collector responsible for giving the gentle nudges which in reality should have been whacks over the head with a coal shovel.

Good luck with it all.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2017, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Noooooo......Please don't givecArt more ammo.......ive already chabged my avatar because of her ribbing.

Tipin, 'cArt'? Are you meaning 'little ole, butter wouldn't melt in my mouth' me?

I am truly sorry to hear about you having to sell your company but if it means less stress and aggro then maybe it's the best thing to do.
I always believe that everything in life happens for a reason and as one door closes, another opens....
As in the song... Things can only get better..
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2017, 02:52 PM

I'm not having to....per se....I'm just fed up with all the hassle in both my private and business life.

Something had to give, eventually and it would have probably been my health.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2017, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Silbee ->
People not paying their bills are the bug bear of all small business's.

When we had ours, I was the debt collector responsible for giving the gentle nudges which in reality should have been whacks over the head with a coal shovel.

Good luck with it all.
This happened and I nearly got in a whole world of crap........I was feeling like I'd not felt for years....my anger levels went through the roof and I found myself planning revenge......I didn't like it.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2017, 03:03 PM

Ah Tpin

I suspect the two companies who went bump owing you 70k is an understatement and I bet therein lies a story and a half.
Gross turnover and net profit go out of the window when that happens.

All I can say, with my practical head on is ... sooner or later you'd have probably downscaled and gone back to sole trader as you moved toward retirement? A one-man band business can have it's advantages. Less financial headaches over credit, BACS, bad payers, the godawful deadlines and manic dash to completions that are hard to meet ... and a step toward semi-retirement as and when you choose it.

The cuddly pig in me says ... it can be a wrench after you've built something up, taken pride in achieving your ambitions .. but it's a transition, not an end.

You even get a kiss
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2017, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
This happened and I nearly got in a whole world of crap........I was feeling like I'd not felt for years....my anger levels went through the roof and I found myself planning revenge......I didn't like it.
Seen it happen .. seen one guy too who was slithering in debt with bad payers and used his own personal credit card to pay his workers wages.
He went bankrupt. Lost his business. Lost his house. He looked a shadow of the man he had been.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2017, 03:10 PM

Not too sure what to say,good luck in the future? You have always seemed a decent egg and I wish you well.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

10-01-2017, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Seen it happen .. seen one guy too who was slithering in debt with bad payers and used his own personal credit card to pay his workers wages.
He went bankrupt. Lost his business. Lost his house. He looked a shadow of the man he had been.
I was thinking if ways to remove him from the planet......metaphorically speaking
oops I gave a clue when I said "him"
Unknown to me....one person owned both companies
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

10-01-2017, 03:25 PM

On this note I'd just like to say a sincere "thank you" for the kind words of support and well wishes.

im also going to bid a fond "farewell" to you all...I'm going to take a break and get my head together and concentrate on the immediate future....this forum is a very nice distraction but addictive......so im off for a rest(not permanent)....see you soon and take care.

"Onwards and upwards"

Terry
xxxx
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2017, 03:27 PM

Tpin x
You have made the right decision
I'm sure of it
It's not going to be easy but you've done the hardest part already...so yes..look to the future
And a brighter, less stressful one at that

Like swimmy said, ask if you need help.
I think a lot of people on here would be falling over themselves to come to your aid
Me included.
stay strong and be happy x

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top