Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 11:06 AM

Re: The EU Will Collapse Without OUR Money!

Wish I had a crystal ball and I could see the implications of all this say in five years time.

I still don't understand why we have to pay so much? it's true we have to stand by our obligations but surely our contributions which have bought government buildings and improved infrastructure throughout the EU have some value too, shouldn't we be compensated for our loss of part ownership of that?

It's beyond me
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Wish I had a crystal ball and I could see the implications of all this say in five years time.

I still don't understand why we have to pay so much? it's true we have to stand by our obligations but surely our contributions which have bought government buildings and improved infrastructure throughout the EU have some value too, shouldn't we be compensated for our loss of part ownership of that?

It's beyond me
They are IMO just trying to punish us enough of them have said that's what they intend that I'm believing them.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 12:10 PM

It's beyond me
Hi

As I understand it the Treaties make no provision for historical payments, only future liabilities.

We have to continue paying in until the day we leave and we will have to continue paying in during the Transition Period we have asked for.

That is the part I blame our Government for, we have not used our time wisely preparing for leaving, we simply do not have the systems in place to handle tariffs for imports from the EU or to control Immigration.

Just as importantly we have not got the systems to place to assist our 130,000 companies in the UK to find out what Tariffs and certifications they will need to export to the EU.

They currently do not need any, so it is a massive challenge for them.

A simple example, a request for information about the Tariff Payable on exporting used car parts to the EU.

Nine weeks and no response at all.

The objective of the exercise as far as I was concerned was to leave as soon as possible and paying as little as possible money to do so.

I am also at a complete loss to understand why we have accepted that the Irish Border has anything to do at all with the EU.

It is a matter solely between the UK as a Sovereign State and Eire.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by julie1962 ->
i have a feeling we will leave with no agreement, tbh it would be best. If eu can't be sensible then best we just go. It will hurt them as much as us but they have only their selves to blame.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 01:24 PM

Several of those in the know have stated quite clearly that we owe them nothing.

Yet here we have Mrs Maybe offering to pay them billions of pounds...
for what?
Nothing.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 01:54 PM

I was amazed to hear she had her last few speeches oked by I believe Junkers office. Is she working for us or them ?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

22-11-2017, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I was amazed to hear she had her last few speeches oked by I believe Junkers office. Is she working for us or them ?
I still have my doubts about her.

Once a remainiac, always a remainiac.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 02:06 PM

Hi

The other thing they are hammering on about are the rights of EU Citizens

They are insisting that we still pay child benefit for EU children not residing here.

I have a simple answer to this.

We guarantee the same rights for EU Citizens as they have in France.

That will stuff the EU, they could not argue against it and the UK would be much better off.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

22-11-2017, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I still have my doubts about her.

Once a remainiac, always a remainiac.
Yes I had high hopes originally but I'm really not so sure as time goes on, fact she can't even say if she would vote leave now is worrying to say the least.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2017, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The other thing they are hammering on about are the rights of EU Citizens

They are insisting that we still pay child benefit for EU children not residing here.

I have a simple answer to this.

We guarantee the same rights for EU Citizens as they have in France.

That will stuff the EU, they could not argue against it and the UK would be much better off.
I assume that France does not pay for children not resident the country?

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top