Join for free
fitou143
Essex
fitou143 is male  fitou143 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2013, 09:12 PM

Free credit check

Just been looking into some stuff as I am reviewing my finances and came across this web site that you can register with and will give you a free credit check. Thought I would post on here in case anyone is interested.

https://www.noddle.co.uk
Riki
New Member!
London
Riki is male 

16-09-2014, 01:52 PM

Re: Free credit check

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=3515377
Please read the above link
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2014, 07:47 AM

My mastercard provider called one day to offer me this great credit rating service where I could find my credit rating 24/7 on my smartphone..and
Hold on a mo...
I don't have a mobile phone..
What if I wanted to get one?
I'll buy one in Tesco along with my shopping
Well,it was important when I was wanting a mortgage.....
I own my house outright
Well what about applying for a job?
I'm retired
A new credit card?
Look, you were happy to give me a credit card with a very generous credit limit which you have just increased, so YOU must think I'm a good bet..

We'll, it's only £9.99 amonth...

Goodbye!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2014, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
it's only £9.99 amonth...
So, if you're already worried about your credit rating why would you spend another £119.88 a year just to be able to check it anytime over your phone (That's not you yourself Grumblewagon I'm talking about the plods in general )

My God, it's no wonder the country is in such a mess

Some years ago I wrote to Experian for a credit score check and paid £10 for the service, their reply was terrible, full of grammatical and spelling mistakes, they included a card I hadn't used for 20 years, and ended up giving me a score only 99% of the maximun, when of course it should have been at least 99.9%

So now, when a utility or supplier wants details I don't provide anything until I've written to them telling them NOT to use Experian. So far all of them have given me instant credit for any amount
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2014, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
So, if you're already worried about your credit rating why would you spend another £119.88 a year just to be able to check it anytime over your phone (That's not you yourself Grumblewagon I'm talking about the plods in general )

My God, it's no wonder the country is in such a mess

Some years ago I wrote to Experian for a credit score check and paid £10 for the service, their reply was terrible, full of grammatical and spelling mistakes, they included a card I hadn't used for 20 years, and ended up giving me a score only 99% of the maximun, when of course it should have been at least 99.9%

So now, when a utility or supplier wants details I don't provide anything until I've written to them telling them NOT to use Experian. So far all of them have given me instant credit for any amount
I'm with you Harvey - just a bit dubious about them ......
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2014, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I'm with you Harvey - just a bit dubious about them ......
Yes, they are not a good business, and what's more I don't think they are used to dealing with people like you and me Patsy
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2014, 02:00 AM

MaYbe I am thick, but why on earth would anyone want to do a credit check on themselves if they have never been refused credit?
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk

18-09-2014, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
MaYbe I am thick, but why on earth would anyone want to do a credit check on themselves if they have never been refused credit?
Some credit card companies won't give you a card if you live outside the UK

This is what happened to me when Goldfish were taken over by Barclaycard. Goldfish were quite happy to keep sending me a card but when Barclays took over that stopped so I asked my bank (Lloyds) for one, initially their credit card department in Brighton said no (after they contacted Experian). I was mad and went to see my bank manager who telephoned the head guy at their department in Brighton and (In front of me) ordered them to give me a card.

I then wrote to Experian asking why they had initially said no and why Barclays were no longer sending me a card. The reply I got was written by some comprehensive school drop out, completely missed the point, and gave my 'credit score' lower than what it should be

I now have a house in West Suffolk but still live abroad for nine months of the year. With some firms in UK (Not just in the financial services industry) the minute you quote an address in the EU they don't want to know you yet when I phone firms in Germany I usually get a perfect English speaker and get goods delivered outside Germany using a Credit card from my English bank

And still people wonder why the German economy is booming and the UK is in a mess.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2014, 11:39 PM

beware of Experian , they ask for your credit card number and give you 30 free days then if you don't cancel they start charging you
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk

02-10-2014, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
beware of Experian , they ask for your credit card number and give you 30 free days then if you don't cancel they start charging you
That's why I sent them a cheque

It's a sign of the hypocrisy of firms like Experian that they have no real expertise, they don't know the applicant and they just 'make up' some kind of score.

Might be OK for the masses, all the plebs out there, but not for me

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top