Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2014, 05:11 PM

Re: Travel Insurance

This is a company we have used many times. My husband has Motor Neurone Disease and we were covered for a month long tour of New Zealand. Two years previously to that, while he was waiting a diagnosis, they covered us for a month in Australia.

http://http://www.freedominsure.co.uk

Travel firms charge more, it's their spin off for selling it to you.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2014, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Celyn ->
This is a company we have used many times. My husband has Motor Neurone Disease and we were covered for a month long tour of New Zealand. Two years previously to that, while he was waiting a diagnosis, they covered us for a month in Australia.
http://http://www.freedominsure.co.uk
Travel firms charge more, it's their spin off for selling it to you.
Thanks for that.

I didn't realise that Travel Firms ramped-up the Insurance quite as much Celyn because I'm pretty sure that before it was countered by discounts on the holidays with Thomson, at least, looking back on our last three Thomson holidays, that's exactly how it reads.

This time it's gone up considerably so we'll go elsewhere for the travel insurance from now on.

My wife's 65 this year so perhaps that's the magic threshold where we become targets for more costs! stevmk2
tyrell
South Eat England
tyrell is male  tyrell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2014, 08:16 PM

I sympathise with how you feel. We have just come back from a holiday in California and I am glad I declared my current illness and ongoing treatment . I took out a one off cover as it was a lot more expensive to take an annual policy cover. I am glad I was honest with my condition because if something were to have happened whilst on holiday the cost of getting treatment I am sure would have been very high. Even though the cost is high I would recommend you cover yourself adequately as this will allow you to relax and enjoy your holiday as we did much more knowing you are fully covered. In the end we returned home safe and well , but knowing the cover was there made our holiday more enjoyable with out the tingling worry of what would happen if we needed any medical
treatment whilst away.
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2014, 09:20 PM

it's so wise to get cover. Our best man had lung cancer and didn't as cover was so expensive. He had many operations etc. For 5 years he went on several cruises a year. a couple of times a year. Nothing happened but what if it had? He passed away earlier this year, not that long after coming back from a cruise. His wife would have lost everything, trying to repatriate him, if taken ill abroad.
Chris99
Glasgow
Chris99 is female  Chris99 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2014, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Celyn ->
it's so wise to get cover. Our best man had lung cancer and didn't as cover was so expensive. He had many operations etc. For 5 years he went on several cruises a year. a couple of times a year. Nothing happened but what if it had? He passed away earlier this year, not that long after coming back from a cruise. His wife would have lost everything, trying to repatriate him, if taken ill abroad.
Hi Celyn, one company that I travel with will not allow you to take the holiday without you proving that you have sufficient insurance even if you have paid for the holiday. Saga.
Celyn
Hampshire

23-09-2014, 05:23 PM

We have had companies check our cover too, if you hadn't taken it out with them. You can see why because i suppose they are responsible to get you home otherwise.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top