Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2014, 05:17 PM

Re: Alternative Therapies

I've made a start by trying some floor exercises from online videos, I definitely felt the stretch though I scared the cat away
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2014, 06:14 PM

I haven't had acupuncture. What does interest me is that it's practised in hospitals where they obviously swear by it. The medical profession, physiotherapists, etc. refer their patients there. There has to be something in it.

Something else I've heard about recently is the magnetic bracelets. They have a rubber bracelet with some sort of mechanism inside it. I know someone who swears by it. Apparently they help all sorts of conditions. Mental and physical. I'm tempted to try one myself! I think they are called "Ion" or something similar and they have lots of testimonials.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2014, 06:41 PM

I tried a magnetic bracelet years ago when they were popular, did nothing for me
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2014, 10:24 PM

As Orangutan says, there is a fair bit of good evidence it can help. A chap I know has just had a course of treatment from an NHS referral as well.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire

17-09-2014, 10:46 PM

I'll try anything once, twice if I like it
Myth and Magic
UK
Myth and Magic is female  Myth and Magic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2014, 12:38 PM

I have tried several alternatives, acupuncture was a good painkiller but not lasting, tablets would have been cheaper and lasted as long.

Magnetic bracelet, I kidded myself that it was helping but did not notice when I forgot to wear it - still got it somewhere.

Physiotherapists, older ones absolutely wonderful, modern kids just want to put you on a machine while they go off for a coffee and a gossip.

Best treatment was osteopathy, different practitioners use different methods; I found that the women were good but did not suit me; .
Over the years, I have seen about seven osteopaths and only ever found one who was no good at all
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire

26-09-2014, 12:10 AM

I've been prescribed every painkiller on the market and nothing has worked but after my first session today I feel on top of the world! it's the first time in over 15 years I've been totally pain free!

Initially the needles were inserted followed by the use of a tens machine which I could control, I was fiddling with the dials when suddenly my leg shot up into the air! then came the heat lamp and cupping which felt strange, a little painful but worth it, lastly a wonderful deep massage with lovely fragrant oils total cost £30 for the session which lasted just under 2 hours.

When I stood up I felt light headed, I was given some bottled water and when I stepped outside I was astonished to find I had no pain at all!!
It was an unbelievable feeling, I did some shopping and when I got home I was really tired as though I'd been drugged so I went to bed, fell fast asleep for hours and awoke feeling wonderful!

I don't know how long I'll feel this way but to have just one pain free day has been great, I'll be going back after my mini holiday break for more sessions as I feel it's worth it.
I was told I'd initially benefit from weekly sessions for around 2 months then just the occasional top up, sounds worth it to me!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2014, 12:18 AM

I am scared of needles, otherwise I would give it a go

Have you thought about incorporating bone broth into your diet? It is an excellent healer.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire

26-09-2014, 12:22 AM

there's no pain on inserting the needles Azz, I think folk get scared of them needlessly

I've never heard of bone broth, it doesn't sound nice I have to say but I'd like to know more about it, presumably it's home made?
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2014, 01:45 AM

That's wonderful Honey!
I had it done years ago now for a back injury caused by a fall, and I felt great after too. No pain, and so relaxed.
As stated above, it didn't last long though. Not for me anyways.
But everybody's injury is different, so there will be different outcomes.
I hope it keeps working for you!

You've probably had bone broth, and didn't know it!
Here's a simple how-to:

http://wellnessmama.com/5888/how-to-make-bone-broth/

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top