Join for free
Page 30 of 33 « First < 20 28 29 30 31 32 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2014, 01:34 PM

Re: Scottish Referendum.

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Irish then Yorkshire-I met a few playing darts and dommies in this pub called the Coburg around 1972-4

http://www.leodis.net/display.aspx?r...41027_43354434
Nice combination ......
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2014, 01:45 PM

Well what else could this `Southerner` do? Fresh from the villages of Bedfordshire with no money but a smile,a wit and the ability to play a few pub games?

Shanghai darts?-umm me money is on the lad
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2014, 02:59 PM

Fresh from the villages of Bedfordshire????
witch village?south or north beds
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2014, 03:25 PM

Suffice to say I grew up with the smell of Stewartby brickyards just across a flooded pit

http://clutch.open.ac.uk/schools/mar...rentbrick.html
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2014, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
Indeed it was, and I am not afraid to say I was (and still am) disappointed.

Still, life goes on and my only hope is that the English government keeps to their promises of giving us further powers, although I am skeptical.

I know I will never see another referendum in my lifetime (even if I lived to my 80s or 90s) nor will my daughter probably, but I'm sure there will be one in my grand-children's lifetimes so maybe then Scotland will become independent. I can dream.
I feel for you most if not all my Scottish friends were in the Independence camp and are sorely disappointed. As one said to me many of the older folk voting No were voting for something that they won't live long enough to have to live with the consequences of.

As for the Westminster Government keeping it's promises Michael Gove is already trying to dis-rail this.
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2014, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Suffice to say I grew up with the smell of Stewartby brickyards just across a flooded pit

http://clutch.open.ac.uk/schools/mar...rentbrick.html
yep im a bedford boy,,london brick and marston valley,,know them well
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs

20-09-2014, 03:39 PM

Well OK-Marston Shelton CP was me-taught how to swim at the outside pool at Stewartby. My mum still lives in Lower Shelton. Much has changed now though
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2014, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
I feel for you most if not all my Scottish friends were in the Independence camp and are sorely disappointed. As one said to me many of the older folk voting No were voting for something that they won't live long enough to have to live with the consequences of.
As for the Westminster Government keeping it's promises Michael Gove is already trying to derail this.
A promise that'll be instantly forgotten VM, even if the two-faced Conservative Party does get into power.

The amount of promises they're coming out with are, I notice, mostly dependent on if they get in power - carrot on a very long stick, as usual.

My wife told me this morning that, as the Conservatives are the only party offering a referendum on our EU membership, she is actually thinking of voting Conservative now so this ploy clearly influences some people.

The question is, will it be enough or do we get another coalition in 2015?

They're being quite devious with hints on raising the Minimum Wage to something nearer the acknowledged Living Wage plus more hints on beneficial Tax and Pension changes.

Labour's not knocking out much new in response and nobody listens or cares about the LibDems' policies! stevmk2
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2014, 04:18 PM

An MP reneging on promises.......never been known

If Cameron gets in again we will still not have a referendum on EU membership, so your wife can forget about voting for him Steve.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2014, 06:32 PM

Oldbugger, they are not the English government. They are the UK government who sit at Westminster. I and my friends here are all pretty pleased with the result. We were not taken in by Salmond's assurance that everyone else was wrong and it would be alright on the night.

We were people worried about our pensions, our savings and our investments. We're concerned about what currency we would use and how Britains defence would be weakened by the SNP's policy.

The majority have voted 'No', so let's just now get on with uniting Scotland and getting the best deal for everyone.

Page 30 of 33 « First < 20 28 29 30 31 32 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top