Join for free
Page 256 of 259 « First < 156 206 246 254 255 256 257 258 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 06:28 PM

Re: Coronation Street

As I said before, I no longer watch the current crop of Coronation Street for obvious reasons.

I have been watching regularly the older ones from 1998 on 'catch-up'.
Not only has it not yet crossed their minds to go all 'woke' and 'inclusive', but the characters in the old series are far more interesting and professional: Alec Gilroy, Jack and Vera Duckworth, Fred Elliott, Les Battersby and Emily Bishop, for example.

The storylines are also consistently interesting and there is an excellent mix of exciting events interspersed with humour in almost every episode. Something which is rarely seen in the current series which just goes plodding on featuring the required range of every possible race and sexual proclivity imaginable!

You should watch it! It really is much better.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I'm liking the Asha/Cory storyline & The Seb/Nina.

The beating up of Seb & Nina got me quite upset.

I wonder should such violence be on so early evening? What happened to the 9.00pm watershed?
I agree carol, it really upset Mrs Fox but the street has suddenly come alive. I think you have made a mistake to leave it just yet JB. I wonder if we are going to lose some characters after this. I was rather hoping that Harvey's goons caught up with Leanne, Nick and the annoying Simon.
I'm looking forward to Friday's edition when Holby City meets the Lost Boys...... Mrs Fox will be watching it from behind the sofa....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I agree carol, it really upset Mrs Fox but the street has suddenly come alive. I think you have made a mistake to leave it just yet JB. I wonder if we are going to lose some characters after this. I was rather hoping that Harvey's goons caught up with Leanne, Nick and the annoying Simon.
I'm looking forward to Friday's edition when Holby City meets the Lost Boys...... Mrs Fox will be watching it from behind the sofa....
Thanks OGF.

I think I did ask people to let me know if anything interesting should happen in the programme, so I've told Marge and she suggests we could watch Wednesday's and tomorrow's to see if it's worth returning for a while.

When it gets boring again, of course we can leave it again.

I would be grateful if anything else exciting should develop again in the future you or others might mention it on here!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2021, 10:54 PM

Was once full of faith, now faithless, Corrie has left me entertainmently destitute.
bret
australia - travelling from west to east?
bret is male 

06-05-2021, 11:07 PM

And the canned Heartbeat in favor of letting this continue??
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

06-05-2021, 11:39 PM

Further to my last reply about the latest Coronation Street story, yes, a very exciting few scenes, so much so that I became quite angry.

Followed by the usual dragging out of the story, in fact it became really quite dreary after a while.

What a shame. An excellent storyline which should have been jumped on and extended, building up the excitement instead of beginning to send the viewer to sleep!

Nevertheless, we have decided to watch tomorrow's just to see - hopefully - how things turn out. I'd love to see the perpetrators arrested and sent down, possibly for murder?
On the other hand, I shouldn't be surprised if it is dragged out for another couple of days or so.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 08:14 AM

I read the storyline will drag on for a year.

Heaven help us...
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

07-05-2021, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I read the storyline will drag on for a year.

Heaven help us...
Well, the Yasmeen one did!

On the other hand, the Dierdre one on the 1998 replays lasted less than a month, and other interesting stories wove around it all the time.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 03:08 PM

From what V told me last evening, the Seb/Nina storyline will continue for at least the rest of this year and, probably, into next as well. Where she got that from I know not.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
From what V told me last evening, the Seb/Nina storyline will continue for at least the rest of this year and, probably, into next as well. Where she got that from I know not.
Well I read that, too.

Page 256 of 259 « First < 156 206 246 254 255 256 257 258 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top