Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2014, 10:16 PM

Re: Ghosts are an Illusion.

I don't think you're bonkers! But then I must be bonkers too!
BoyRacer
Scotland,UK
BoyRacer is male  BoyRacer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2014, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
I don't think you're bonkers! But then I must be bonkers too!
Well it's nice to know I'm not the only one.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2014, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/s...xperiment.html Scientists have devised experiments which indicate that "ghosts" are all in the mind.
No surprise there then Alan
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2014, 10:18 AM

Unless you've witnessed such a thing, then I can understand why you would not believe. That's the unfortunate thing about this subject. If you had experienced something supernatural, then believe me, it would open your mind.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2014, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Well Alan we are all entitled to believe what we like and the scientists in the article did say “Ghosts are PROBABLY just an illusion created by the mind” was it not the scientists of the day who told us that the world was flat not a million years ago and no probably about it.
Exactly Jem and some people STILL believe it is flat in spite of all the evidence.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2014, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Exactly Jem and some people STILL believe it is flat in spite of all the evidence.
Scientists get things wrong many times, always changing their view, so this means nothing to me.
As for experiments, you can't recreate experiences in a lab situation
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2014, 11:44 AM

My ex brother in law who is quite a famous scientist in his field had his own theory about ghosts, he said if you think of the brain as being like a halogen ring on a cooker, you turn it off, the heat is still there and remains there for some time. According to him the brain is similar, it continues to expel energy for some time after death. I am nowhere near as clever as him and I can´t explain things in the same way but I could understand him to some extent. However I´m quite sure that even if someone came up with conclusive evidence people will still believe what they want to.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2014, 11:47 AM

I think scientists tend to believe they have the answer, or that there is an answer to everything supernatural. Fact is, like the rest of us, they do not have the answer to everything. They just like to think they do.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2014, 12:18 PM

If they are an illusion then explain this one

arrived at work in a large building when we arrived the front door was locked and building alarmed. Started cleaning and about an hour into the job opened an office door to find a man slightly dishevelled sorting through papers, jumped as I didn't know anyone was in the building. Said sorry didn't realise he was in, he said he had to finish something so I said let me know when you go so I know whether to lock up or not.

Later we were finishing up and we hadn't seen him again so my husband went to see if he was still in came back and said he couldn't find him. So we locked and alarmed the building and went home.

Next night we arrived and I commented to the receptionist who was just leaving it would be helpful if people said when they arrived or left as we wasted time looking for them when we locked up, she was puzzled so I described the man.

She was more puzzled - he had died in a car crash the morning before so how could he have been in the office in the morning ?

I am told several more people have seen him since, illusion ? I am willing to be persuaded but I am not persuaded by anything so far.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

07-11-2014, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
If they are an illusion then explain this one

arrived at work in a large building when we arrived the front door was locked and building alarmed. Started cleaning and about an hour into the job opened an office door to find a man slightly dishevelled sorting through papers, jumped as I didn't know anyone was in the building. Said sorry didn't realise he was in, he said he had to finish something so I said let me know when you go so I know whether to lock up or not.

Later we were finishing up and we hadn't seen him again so my husband went to see if he was still in came back and said he couldn't find him. So we locked and alarmed the building and went home.

Next night we arrived and I commented to the receptionist who was just leaving it would be helpful if people said when they arrived or left as we wasted time looking for them when we locked up, she was puzzled so I described the man.

She was more puzzled - he had died in a car crash the morning before so how could he have been in the office in the morning ?

I am told several more people have seen him since, illusion ? I am willing to be persuaded but I am not persuaded by anything so far.
Julie, that made the hairs come up on the back of my neck!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top