Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2015, 11:51 AM

Half man/ half machine.

There's a news item in todays papers where scientists predict that in 200 years time we will be half man and half machine.
I've long since thought that this is the way things will go. Interesting times ahead !
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2015, 12:00 PM

Re: Half man/ half machine.

Had a preview of the new series 'Humans' all about robots...scary stuff!
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2015, 12:07 PM

If you think about it many people are already on the way..

Apart from the boob bum and cheek inplants..There are dentures , replacement knees, hip, finger and other joints.. Heart pacemakers, intraocular lenses and cerebellar stimulators.

not so scary really that things will progress.. but when we consider the earths population it is actually a nightmare because we will move even further from natural life and natural life span than we already have. How will our planet sustain us all?
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2015, 12:16 PM

Given how much I feel like a slave to my garden at the moment I already feel like half machine…Not sure that's a good thing.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2015, 12:28 PM

Interesting times we live in not sure I would like too many mechanical bits in my body but if it was a choice between that or death I might change my mind
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2015, 12:44 PM

Well I'll be sitting on me cloud by the time it happens ...........
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2015, 01:31 PM

I can only imagine what that will be like when going through the airport security check...It's bad enough with just a knee replacement!...Oh but maybe there won't be any Aeroplanes by then....The mind boggles..pity We won't be around to experience it all :~)
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2015, 01:55 PM

Half man half machine he strolls around-hello I have machine willy,you have nice tits with implant ,firm and yet soft.

It seemed perfect until the batteries failed
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2015, 03:49 PM

I wouldn't mind being half man and half machine as long as I was kept well oiled.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2015, 03:53 PM

I wonder how long it will be before we have the option of having a chip implanted somewhere about our person (a finger I guess?), with all our vital information and possibly even our personal communication equipment - no more "Where did I put my mobile?"

On a more serious note, I'm sure I've read of the ongoing work on producing a motorised 'exoskeleton' (I wonder if I've spelt that correctly) which oldies and otherwise frail or damaged people could put on and which would give them strength to live their life in an enjoyable way. No more falls, no more inability to enjoy walking, to look after themselves ... that would be quite something

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top