Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2015, 07:18 PM

Re: Half man/ half machine.

I think it wont be that long in the distant future when we will see man merging with machines...I mean with prosthetic limbs already we are on the way arnt we?
I just hope if humans go down the merging road that its truly for the benefit of us and not just because we can do it..
Soon computers will have the AI the same as our human brains then we will see what happens. I can see things will change from then rapidly.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2015, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
There's a news item in todays papers where scientists predict that in 200 years time we will be half man and half machine.
I've long since thought that this is the way things will go. Interesting times ahead !
What a strange notion. You are already 100% machine. Is terminology so limited that "machine" must be defined as metal appendages?

We are all machines. That which is "us" inhabits a machine, a complete machine, you are but the driver. Heck, you don't even understand how your machine actually works. You cut yourself and the machine just gets on with repairing itself. That which is "you" has no idea how the machine is doing that, you are not even conscious of instructing it to repair itself. The machine just gets on and does it.

TEMET NOSCE
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2015, 10:34 PM

what a very good analogue - yes the whole universe and all the planets and that which inhabits is a machine whether you are considering a tree, a cow or a human - in fact in many ways far superior than metal machines!
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2015, 10:45 PM

Thats a very good way to think of things gumbud....Id never really considered ourselves as to be "machines" as I associate the word machine with metal working parts....us humans are more of a "softer machine" but machines all the same
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2015, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
I can only imagine what that will be like when going through the airport security check...It's bad enough with just a knee replacement!...Oh but maybe there won't be any Aeroplanes by then....The mind boggles..pity We won't be around to experience it all :~)

Probably not, May. We'll all have a bit of blue touch paper up our bums, then queue up to get it lit, and off we go.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2015, 11:05 PM

I read somewhere about the first whole head transplant being attempted.
I wish I'd have kept the article now, because I can't remember where it was happening.
How horribly gruesome.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2015, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I read somewhere about the first whole head transplant being attempted.
I wish I'd have kept the article now, because I can't remember where it was happening.
How horribly gruesome.
Is this the story Mups?

http://www.iflscience.com/health-and...rrifying-death
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/292306.php

Sounds like a horror film in the making
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

25-06-2015, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Probably not, May. We'll all have a bit of blue touch paper up our bums, then queue up to get it lit, and off we go.
[QUOTE=Mags;669570]Is this the story Mups?

http://www.iflscience.com/health-and...rrifying-death
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/292306.php

Sounds like a horror film in the making [/QUOTE]

I agree Mags.

Who would be happy for their spouse/son/daughter be experimented on like that?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2015, 03:49 AM

have you ever heard the expression "playing as God"?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top