Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2012, 10:21 AM

Re: End of the World - next month

Nice one Mr.Ploppy.
Lizette
USA
Lizette is female 

26-11-2012, 04:50 AM

You can't really believe that. Have you done any research? You are worrying about nothing, in case you're really concerned.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2012, 05:33 AM

Think you'll find no one actually believes it lol Its a silliness thread
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2012, 08:57 AM

I am very exited and can't wait to see what happens. If nothing happens it will be such an anti climax. I was so looking forward to not having to go the Christmas party. Ahhh well, I guess you can't win them all.
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2012, 10:02 AM

I have still much to do, so hope I have plenty of time left
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2012, 10:15 AM

Don't worry Jean, you have all the time in the world. But try to hurry.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2012, 07:59 PM

My DIL worries about it cos she believes it, I've told her it won't affect her anyway cos she doesn't live in our world, she lives on her own special planet.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2012, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by hazel ->
My DIL worries about it cos she believes it, I've told her it won't affect her anyway cos she doesn't live in our world, she lives on her own special planet.
Michael
Near London,UK
Michael is male  Michael has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2012, 01:19 PM

The world will not end in 2012.

Our planet has been getting along just fine for more than 4 billion years.

The story started with claims that Nibiru, a supposed planet discovered by the Sumerians, is headed toward Earth.

This catastrophe was initially predicted for May 2003, but when nothing happened the doomsday date was moved forward to December 2012 and linked to the end of one of the cycles in the ancient Mayan calendar at the winter solstice in 2012 -- hence the predicted doomsday date of December 21, 2012.

Just as the calendar you have on your kitchen wall does not cease to exist after December 31, the Mayan calendar does not cease to exist on December 21, 2012. This date is the end of the Mayan long-count period but then -- just as your calendar begins again on January 1 -- another long-count period begins for the Mayan calendar.

Nibiru and other stories about wayward planets striking our planet are an Internet hoax.

There is no factual basis for these claims. If Nibiru or Planet X were real and headed for an encounter with the Earth in 2012, astronomers would have been tracking it for at least the past decade, and it would be visible by now to the naked eye. Obviously, it does not exist. Eris is real, but it is a dwarf planet similar to Pluto that will remain in the outer solar system; the closest it can come to Earth is about 4 billion miles.

Scientists believe a magnetic reversal is very unlikely to happen in the next few millennia.

The Earth has always been subject to impacts by comets and asteroids, although big hits are very rare.

The last big impact was 65 million years ago, and that led to the extinction of the dinosaurs.

There is no credible evidence for any of the assertions made in support of unusual events taking place in December 2012.

Nothing is predicted to hit our planet in 2012.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2012, 03:31 PM

I should go on a big spending spree with my visa then

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top