Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2017, 02:51 PM

Can You Sleep If There Is A Dive Bombing Fly In Your Bedroom?

Now l don't mind a spider in the bedroom but a demented buzzing fly? No Thanks!
So there l was last night, dead pleased that l was having an earlier night... when it started, bzzzzzzzz, bzzzzzz a huge fly acrobating around my bedroom. It was so annnoying!
I thought, l can't sleep while he's in here, so l found my fly swatter and went after him! I waved it about like an orchestra conductor until, I got him into the en suite. I opened the window to let him out but instead, in flew a huge moth!
The fly was on the wall, so l had to climb into the bath and swat him, Yeah result! Then l had to go after the moth, that was easier as they are just dust!
I felt relieved and got into bed, when another buzzing fly appeared!
Oh no, they were fighting back! This one landed on the wall above my clothes chair! I staggered up onto the mountain of clothes and with my swatter l got him, flattened, in one!

So l ask, do you mind trying to seep whilst there is an annoying buzzing fly in your bedroom or don't they bother you?
I'd prefer a spider any day!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2017, 02:55 PM

Re: Can You Sleep If There Is A Dive Bombing Fly In Your Bedroom?

Nothing wrong with flies going down in the bedroom Art.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2017, 02:57 PM

Seriously though, yes it does bother me. I can't sleep when there's a fly buzzing around the room and they always seem to dive towards your ear just at the point where you are about to fall asleep.

I have been known to be up all night in foreign hotels chasing mozzies too.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2017, 02:59 PM

I can't sleep if I hear a fly or mozzie zooming round either, Art.
Little blighters always seem to head for straight me, and I can suffer bad with mozzie bites, so can't rest until I get the swine.

I tend to try and catch moths rather than kill them, but flies and mozzies get no mercy I'm afraid.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2017, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Now l don't mind a spider in the bedroom but a demented buzzing fly? No Thanks!
So there l was last night, dead pleased that l was having an earlier night... when it started, bzzzzzzzz, bzzzzzz a huge fly acrobating around my bedroom. It was so annnoying!
I thought, l can't sleep while he's in here, so l found my fly swatter and went after him! I waved it about like an orchestra conductor until, I got him into the en suite. I opened the window to let him out but instead, in flew a huge moth!
The fly was on the wall, so l had to climb into the bath and swat him, Yeah result! Then l had to go after the moth, that was easier as they are just dust!
I felt relieved and got into bed, when another buzzing fly appeared!
Oh no, they were fighting back! This one landed on the wall above my clothes chair! I staggered up onto the mountain of clothes and with my swatter l got him, flattened, in one!

So l ask, do you mind trying to seep whilst there is an annoying buzzing fly in your bedroom or don't they bother you?
I'd prefer a spider any day!!
Yuk! absolutely no way Art. I wouldn't be able to sleep if there was a fly in the bedroom. Dirty, filthy, abominable disgusting insects! I absolutely hate it if one even gets into the house. I have flyscreens on the back door and conservatory doors which is nice cos I can have the doors wide open.
Sometimes one flies in through the small window in the front room but I only have to say BZZZZ to my two little mutts and they go bananas trying to catch it whilst I get a rolled up newspaper to KILL IT!.
And as for Bluebottles! Don't even go there!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

27-06-2017, 03:03 PM

The worst mozzies to catch are those big foreign ones that sort of teleport themselves to the other side of the room without actually flying.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

27-06-2017, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Yuk! absolutely no way Art. I wouldn't be able to sleep if there was a fly in the bedroom. Dirty, filthy, abominable disgusting insects! I absolutely hate it if one even gets into the house. I have flyscreens on the back door and conservatory doors which is nice cos I can have the doors wide open.
Sometimes one flies in through the small window in the front room but I only have to say BZZZZ to my two little mutts and they go bananas trying to catch it whilst I get a rolled up newspaper to KILL IT!.
And as for Bluebottles! Don't even go there!!
Luckily, my cats take care of them during the day.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2017, 03:07 PM

Moths, Spiders, Bees, even bats are perfectly welcome. Flies and wasps are not - they enter at their peril. Never met a mozzie - that I know of - but they would not be welcome either!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2017, 03:17 PM

Last time I was at our caravan I had a sleepless night when a cricket decided to rub his legs frantically together, flies are nothing in comaparisson to that annoying noise
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2017, 04:26 PM

Why is it, flies and wasps never go out of an open window? They fly up and down the closed ones as if they want to get out but won't go to the open one!
Also, I have a light in my lounge with three bulbs, like a candelabra type thingy, a fly will keep flying underneath it in a triangle.
I wonder if they're attracted to electrical current?!
I don't like flies, but they do a good job, laying eggs on carcasses and waste, the maggots clean it up for us and we don't have to pay them!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top