Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 06:08 PM

Re: Seen any good bands this year?

Hi

Nope, been the year out for me with health problems.

I prefer Classical Music, the last night of the Proms stuff.

Lana Del Rey was the last big artist I went to see, amazing.

I used to do work for a company who did the setups for UK tours by the big artists, but that was boring, setting up the speakers to meet UK noise legislation , interesting to watch them practising though.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
What bands or artists have you been to see live this year, if any? This includes musicals and other concerts.

My main hobby is popular music and I try to see as many groups as I can, pending time, holidays and funds. I've seen the following acts this year at both small and large venues (in this order):

Ed Cheevers - Unsung country music songwriter from Texas
Black Kes - Local band
Loudhailer - Local band
Flaming Lips - Wonderfully psychedelic U.S. band
Public Service Broadcasting - Experimental electronic band
Jeff Lynne’s ELO - The legendary Jeff Lynne. Probably the best copncert of the year.
Keep It Cash - Local band performing the songs of Johnny Cash brilliantly.
Gary Numan (twice) - Hull and Manchester for this musician with a massive fan base enjoying a comeback.
The Stranglers - Perennially a great band, great hits, great humour.
Big Country - Likewise, the eighties Scots band sounding fantastic.
The Ruts - Now called Ruts DC. Politically-charged post-punk band.
Joanne Shaw-Taylor - Britain's top female blues guitarist/songwriter.
Big Boy Bloater & The Limits - Rowdy London-based outfit.
Australian Pink Floyd - The biggest cover band in the world, performing Pink Floyd's music flawlessly with a terrific light show. Leeds Arena.
Black Star Riders - Ex-Thin Lizzy guitarist Scott Gorham with his Los Angeles colleagues. Great fun night.
Blues Pills - Swedish blues-rock outfit.
Heaven 17 - The classic 80's pop band. Great music, brilliant personalities.
Blancmange - Neil Arthur's offbeat pop/dance act. Another really droll character.
Beautiful: The Carole King musical - Enjoyed the first half but had to leave early.

Anyone else seen any bands this year?
The past year or so has been a Live Act free zone for me as I've been really busy at work and renovating a couple of flats I bought at auction.

The last Act I saw was Bruce Springstein at Hampden Park which was pretty amazing.

On your list I've seen Gary Numan, The Stranglers and Big Country.....I'd like to see Flaming Lips, Black Star Riders and PSB. I did try to get Killers tickets but they were so overpriced I just thought 'F**k that'.

I'm planning on 2018 being a much more music focussed year.......
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
The past year or so has been a Live Act free zone for me as I've been really busy at work and renovating a couple of flats I bought at auction.

The last Act I saw was Bruce Springstein at Hampden Park which was pretty amazing.

On your list I've seen Gary Numan, The Stranglers and Big Country.....I'd like to see Flaming Lips, Black Star Riders and PSB. I did try to get Killers tickets but they were so overpriced I just thought 'F**k that'.

I'm planning on 2018 being a much more music focussed year.......
Looking forward to your gigs next year, Moscow. Good to see someone else who's an all-rounder in their musical tastes

Springsteen I've seen three times. Best live act in the world IMO.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Looking forward to your gigs next year, Moscow. Good to see someone else who's an all-rounder in their musical tastes

Springsteen I've seen three times. Best live act in the world IMO.
Tbh I was very impressed with Springstein......3.5hrs on stage and all the hits so a good gig for diehards and fans like me who love his hits but not totally in to him.

The 12 months before Springstein I saw The War On Drugs, Travis, James, The Blow Monkeys and Newton Faulkner as well as a few unknowns ........hopefully next year I will get about a bit more !

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top