Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 11:23 PM

Re: should you expect sexual harassment at work ?

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
It's good to see an oldfool tread get legs.
It is Spitty, but I can't always understand them.....
Chatterbox
North West, UK
Chatterbox is female 

12-12-2017, 11:47 PM

I was air crew for many years. My male colleagues never did anything inappropriate as they were mostly gay, but the passengers, particularly frequent flyers, were another matter! I never reported any as there are other ways to deal with inappropriate suggestions. I mainly used humour
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2017, 02:21 AM

How interesting! I forgot about the custom of the cheek kiss which is still not a ubiquitous custom here, and certainly out of place at work (with a few exceptions). Hand shakes are considered customary, though some women still don't shake hands (a signal of having no weapon or hand away from weapon).

Many people who come to the US from other countries notice that we typically are not demonstrative with people we do not know outside of a hand shake or a hearty hello. Cheek kissing is unusual enough that there are many articles on the subject.

That said, many hug socially with friends, and some do the cheek kiss. This is usually among close friends and family members. After all, we use Os with our Xs! Most people understand the etiquette, though I do have one friend who is one of those creepy, full body, too-tight huggers...but I have my strategies to manage him him..

So, since we are not at work, and most certainly among friends, here are a basket of hugs for the forum. Take one and pass one - but don't be creepy .

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top