Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 04:04 PM

Re: Women's Pensions Action

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Oh not another bloody Norman Tebbit!!!
Community means little to some, family even less I guess. I've never hankered after moving away for any reason, too many ties here.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Oh not another bloody Norman Tebbit!!!
Hi

The biggest Norman Tebbit in history was your hero, Stalin.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 04:15 PM

But he wasn't here this afternoon advocating breaking up families and communities. It's time we realised its that sort of thing making our lives worse not better.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
But he wasn't here this afternoon advocating breaking up families and communities. It's time we realised its that sort of thing making our lives worse not better.
Hi

We have choices in life, you can either move to improve your standard of life or choose to stay.

If you choose to stay, that is fine, but do not expect others to pay for that choice.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 04:31 PM

It is along overdue issue regarding Equality between the sexes,m should have been addressed years ago. Of course no one likes it but they will continue to make retirement something we have to wait longer to achieve, but we are living longer and funding payments for pensioners with an ever decreasing pot is going to have to be addressed.

It was always unfair to make men work 5 years longer as they tend to die sooner than women, and how they expect men to now work in heavy industries is a bloody joke.

Using the census should have gave a clue as to how we are all living longer.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

09-08-2017, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We have choices in life, you can either move to improve your standard of life or choose to stay.

If you choose to stay, that is fine, but do not expect others to pay for that choice.

Lol I wonder how much it would have cost the country if I'd done that 4 elderly adults one with mental health problems, 4 kids all taken care of here by me and my husband. Or we could have moved and left them all to the system to take care of. I believe it's an awful lot for children to be taken into care. It's £700 at least a week for an elderly person.

Originally Posted by Nom ->
It is along overdue issue regarding Equality between the sexes,m should have been addressed years ago. Of course no one likes it but they will continue to make retirement something we have to wait longer to achieve, but we are living longer and funding payments for pensioners with an ever decreasing pot is going to have to be addressed.

It was always unfair to make men work 5 years longer as they tend to die sooner than women, and how they expect men to now work in heavy industries is a bloody joke.

Using the census should have gave a clue as to how we are all living longer.

I agree but it would have been fairer to make retirement earlier for men.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 04:57 PM

Sorry Julie but as we are struggling to fund pensions now, so that would never happen.

Its about being realistic action to fund pensions was needed decades ago all governments have failed us.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 06:43 PM

Yes, I don't think anyone would have minded paying more NI contributions if it meant fairer pensions for all.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2017, 08:00 AM

I feel very worried for the young people of today .
How can they save for their pensions?
They are going to have to work until they are nearly 70 and that is just at the moment .
Everything costs so much the state pension will be worth squat if you live long enough to get it .
Bleak times for them.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2017, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I feel very worried for the young people of today .
How can they save for their pensions?
They are going to have to work until they are nearly 70 and that is just at the moment .
Everything costs so much the state pension will be worth squat if you live long enough to get it .
Bleak times for them.
All due to the present scumbag 'nasty party' Government!!!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top