Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2017, 11:01 AM

Watches.

I have a habit of buying these; I think it stemmed from when I was a child. I currently only have 6 - I sell one then get another quite often.

I don't collect any particular type and have both expensive and fairly cheap ones. But I'm not in the league of Rolex, Bretling, Omega etc.

I'm currently selling the Tag - it's been my least worn for a while now. The Rado is my favourite along with my Apple Watch.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2017, 11:05 AM

Re: Watches.

I still use one but it's fairly cheap and practical, bright red strap and cream face. Won't be worth selling its got a cracked face and the strap is held together with wool, I had to sew it together at work I nearly lost it in the washing up
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2017, 11:06 AM

Lovely watches Ffosse. I particularly like the Rotary. I had a Rotary once but is somewhere in the Indian ocean now.

I now have one good watch (Rado) and one crap watch for general use and when I'm working. The trouble is, I always forget to wear the good one when I go out somewhere so end up with a watch covered in scratches and paint splashes.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2017, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Lovely watches Ffosse. I particularly like the Rotary. I had a Rotary once but is somewhere in the Indian ocean now.

I now have one good watch (Rado) and one crap watch for general use and when I'm working. The trouble is, I always forget to wear the good one when I go out somewhere so end up with a watch covered in scratches and paint splashes.
The Rotary alternates between £300 and £119 on Argos quite frequently...I waited 'til it was reduced.

It's great value at that price for a Swiss-Made with sapphire glass.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2017, 11:39 AM

I like the Bulova, easy to read dial & a nice design. Wouldn't need specs on to see it. Where does that one come from Ffosse, never heard of that make?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

21-10-2017, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I like the Bulova, easy to read dial & a nice design. Wouldn't need specs on to see it. Where does that one come from Ffosse, never heard of that make?
Bulova is quite a famous make, American, (now owned by Citizen of Japan) they were amongst the first to produce battery powered watches. That one also came from Argos.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2017, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
The Rotary alternates between £300 and £119 on Argos quite frequently...I waited 'til it was reduced.

It's great value at that price for a Swiss-Made with sapphire glass.
I agree, I think they are great value. I had mine for about six years and it never lost time.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2017, 11:50 AM

I have one watch - a Casio I bought decades ago for $24. It has cost me far more than that in replacement batteries (it takes two).

It has seen better days but it does everything you would ever want in a watch - it tells the time.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2032.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	4299  
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2017, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Bulova is quite a famous make, American, (now owned by Citizen of Japan) they were amongst the first to produce battery powered watches. That one also came from Argos.
Thanks for the info, Ffosse. Wonder if they do a ladies version.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2017, 11:55 AM

I bought a 'new' watch 14 years ago from one of the shopping channels on television. I still have today and am actually wearing it now.

Similar in design to this:

https://www.market.co.uk/p/Jacques-L...G66MH1J7Z8PCAY

except the face plate on mine is plum coloured, and no, I didn't pay anything like the price quoted here!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top