Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2017, 01:56 PM

Re: "Divorce Bill"

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I cannot see an issue with goods as that is to the EU's advantage, as well as ours.

The issue will be services, which are our biggest export.

I wish our negotiators well.
We have an advantage re: trade because we import more from the EU than we export to the EU and before you disingenuously fudge the facts by using percentages rather than value I can promise you the industrial pressure groups in Holland, Spain ,Germany and France will soon start to ramp up the pressure on their puppets in the EU Commission.

As for Financial Services, I think you underestimate the size and strength of the UK financial sector and all the expertise and infrastructure that is centred in The City.
That isn't easily moved or relocated as it is a GLOBAL business and not simply EU related and the EU will have
to accommodate those facts.

Btw a handful of banks paying lip service to the EU by setting up two men and his dog offices in Frankfurt does not constitute a flught of the Financial Services industry.....Much as you would like that to happen, Swim.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2017, 02:11 PM

Hi

I cannot see an issue with goods as that is to the EU's advantage, as well as ours.

The issue will be services, which are our biggest export.

I wish our negotiators well.
Swimm the two go hand in hand, it should be made clear it is all or nothing .
There are ways to accommodate every need if there is a will on all sides to do so.

If we don't get a deal on all aspects we walk away and some Spanish farmers for one will be ruined , how will the awkward and greed EU commissioners deal with that.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2017, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Swimm the two go hand in hand, it should be made clear it is all or nothing .
There are ways to accommodate every need if there is a will on all sides to do so.

If we don't get a deal on all aspects we walk away and some Spanish farmers for one will be ruined , how will the awkward and greed EU commissioners deal with that.
Hi

If there is no deal, then it is WTO Rules, which exclude Services anyway.

As for Spanish farmers being ruined, the ones with most to lose are Ireland, Netherlands and Denmark followed by Spain.

It works both ways.

Locally we export vast amounts of agricultural products to the EU, 70 Artics a day from the big cold store.

All down to the skill and ability of our negotiators.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2017, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
I agree with you

The Referendum gave us a simple choice ; to remain in or to leave the EU. The result was a straightforward majority in favour of Leave

Since then, many of those who voted remain have done everything they can to reverse or subvert that democratic decision
You are not the first to liken them to spoiled kids
I call them for what they are - traitors and quislings
They are neither of those but you are obviously too stupid to understand that.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2017, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
They are neither of those but you are obviously too stupid to understand that.
It would seem that everyone is stupid....except Purwell. Hmmmmm!

Personally, I would call them 5th Columnists.

I believe that is a much more apt description.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 12:35 PM

Hi

It now appears that David Davies' latest comments on the divorce bill and the signed agreement have not gone down well with the EU.

https://news.sky.com/story/david-dav...ntent-11167642
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 02:00 PM

Anything that makes The EU or the Irish or the Remainers unhappy must mean that we're doing something right
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 02:36 PM

Hi

It now appears that David Davies' latest comments on the divorce bill and the signed agreement have not gone down well with the EU.

https://news.sky.com/story/david-dav...ntent-11167642
Why can't people just be quiet instead of going onto the media and saying things that can be dissected and misinterpreted when we are in the midst of such delicate negotiations .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

12-12-2017, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Why can't people just be quiet instead of going onto the media and saying things that can be dissected and misinterpreted when we are in the midst of such delicate negotiations .
Hi

I call it the Trump Effect, everything seems to be done via Twitter at the moment or some other social media.

Easy to make a mistake as it is instantly viewed by millions.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
We have an advantage re: trade because we import more from the EU than we export to the EU and before you disingenuously fudge the facts by using percentages rather than value I can promise you the industrial pressure groups in Holland, Spain ,Germany and France will soon start to ramp up the pressure on their puppets in the EU Commission.

As for Financial Services, I think you underestimate the size and strength of the UK financial sector and all the expertise and infrastructure that is centred in The City.
That isn't easily moved or relocated as it is a GLOBAL business and not simply EU related and the EU will have
to accommodate those facts.

Btw a handful of banks paying lip service to the EU by setting up two men and his dog offices in Frankfurt does not constitute a flught of the Financial Services industry.....Much as you would like that to happen, Swim.
Having read both sides of the argument, I'd like to think positive and believe this is the real situation. I have no fears in that respect.

The real stumbling block is our parliament. I'm afraid that there are many remainiacs in both major parties (and, of course, most of the minor parties are completely pro-EU).

If any agreement or intention to walk away relies on a majority vote in Parliament, it could be that we will be stuck under the jackboot.

If such proves to be the case, the future will show who was right and who was wrong. If we do force ourselves to remain, I just hope that we can somehow find a way to extricate ourselves later.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top