Join for free
Page 8 of 25 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 > Last »
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 03:46 PM

Re: Holly

At least Holly has eaten and seems quite happy.

A lot of money you have spent though.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 04:02 PM

She's never really been off her food, Susie, apart from that one time after coming home from the vet Friday, from the aborted vax appt. and she happily took wet food later that evening, but didn't want the dried prescription kibble.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 05:25 PM

I'm glad to hear she's a big better, I think I must be lucky with my vet if something is cheaper in line he always gives me a paper with all the details and sends me home to order it, unless it's life and death needed that day of course.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 06:39 PM

Hi Julie,
Hope you are feeling better (and your dogs).
I have a breakdown of what I've been prescribed, and have ordered the pro kolin on Amazon. That will come tomorrow. I have found a website that could do the canned food much cheaper, (bitiba). Their price, including p&p, works out at £2.08 a can. I could get it delivered but as it is with Yodel I would try my local shop, where I collect a lot of my orders. Saves me waiting in for a 'we failed to deliver' card! Lol.

She happily took the wet food, the prescription kibble, AND the crushed up antibiotic (1 and 1/2 tablets) and polished it off. I fed her after she woke up from her nap.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 10:00 PM

Sounds good jazzi, keep us posted ! Oh and give holly a snuggle from us
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

11-12-2017, 10:20 PM

Will do Julie, thanks. And will do, lol.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Hi Julie,
Hope you are feeling better (and your dogs).
I have a breakdown of what I've been prescribed, and have ordered the pro kolin on Amazon. That will come tomorrow. I have found a website that could do the canned food much cheaper, (bitiba). Their price, including p&p, works out at £2.08 a can. I could get it delivered but as it is with Yodel I would try my local shop, where I collect a lot of my orders. Saves me waiting in for a 'we failed to deliver' card! Lol.

She happily took the wet food, the prescription kibble, AND the crushed up antibiotic (1 and 1/2 tablets) and polished it off. I fed her after she woke up from her nap.

Jazzi, if it's any help, I order from these people. They deliver free for orders over £29 and you don't have to wait in as you can choose a 1 hour delivery slot. They are brilliant.
I order a month's at a time.

When you look a the link, scroll down the page to the Hills Puppy food, and they have tins on offer at the moment that work out just £1.47 per tin.

https://fetch.co.uk/search?entry=Hil...gs&per-page=72

Any long term drug treatment my vet will give me a prescription for me to buy on line. Be careful where you buy from though.
I personally usually use these people mostly.

https://www.hyperdrug.co.uk/Dog-Wormers/products/14/

I am guessing, but if she did have Giardia, it is not always apparent in just one sample, hence she wants several.

But looking on the bright side, if a change of diet has helped, it may only have been that stuff the breeder suggested that was upsetting her.
Sounds more promising now anyway, and she is a good girl for sleeping through the night now too.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 12:14 AM

Is Hills better than IAMs then? Is it gluten free?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Is Hills better than IAMs then? Is it gluten free?

I can't say Annie, as I don't use either. You'd have to read the ingredients and compare.

I thought Holly's vet prescribed Hills Science, that is why I showed Jazzi these prices.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

12-12-2017, 07:36 AM

Morning all.

She was prescribed Hill's Digestive Care I/D.

Wish I knew why there were so many different lettered food!

Page 8 of 25 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top