Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2012, 08:15 AM

Hobbies and You Tube

I recently bought one of those glue guns from the $2 shop. I tried it out and thought it pretty easy to use but just as a matter of curiosity I looked on You Tube to see if there was any other interesting uses it could be put to.

Oh Boy! was there... There were straight forward videos showing you how to use the thing (it is NOT difficult ) but then there were ones on creating Christmas decorations, making hot glue bullets (USA naturally), wigs and dozens on making moulds, sealing wax and various craft items.

As always happens with You Tube you get side tracked by the playlist and soon I was watching demos on making origami Christmas trees, snow flakes and gawd knows what (all far too time consuming and fiddly for me).

However I have decided to download some of the handicraft videos for my seniors' club craft group because they are always looking for new projects but seem to be stuck in the 20th Century world of womens' magazines and murky photocopies for their source material. If I convert the videos into a DVD they can all watch together and perhaps gets some new ideas - some of these videos are brilliantly clever.

What a wonderful resource You Tube is.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2012, 10:48 AM

Re: Hobbies and You Tube

Two dollar shop Bruce Ours is a quid. I wondered what you were going
to say about that gun, but as you then said it is interesting what people do nowadays and YouTube has certainly helped. I know my youngest Granddaughter loves watching YT and how they make cakes and muffins and then ice them. She sits and watches it for hours.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2012, 07:55 PM

YouTube is a favourite of mine too, I am at present learning the ukelele, and I am finding very helpful indeed.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2012, 11:26 PM

I have a birdroom & aviaries in which I keep canaries.YOU TUBE has helped me enormously with clips of everything I could need or want to know to keep them successfully.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2012, 12:44 AM

Because I have done all my Christmas shopping, put up all my Christmas decorations etc I was at a bit of a loose end while I waited for my kids to arrive from Canberra and Sydney so...

You see, hot glue guns can be used for things other than gluing - I suppose I could have trimmed it up a but but I wasn't quite that desperate
spinner
yorkshire
spinner is female  spinner has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2013, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->

As always happens with You Tube you get side tracked by the playlist and soon I was watching demos on making origami Christmas trees, snow flakes and gawd knows what (all far too time consuming and fiddly for me)
those demos about making snowflakes weren't the folded paper cut out ones, were they?
I got hooked on them this Christmas, and even made the family make them, awarding prizes for the best one. Then I stuck them up on the windows. Soon ran out of window space!
you tube is totally amazing
(well, the people who upload the stuff are)
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2013, 05:39 PM

I learned a lot from You Tube on Dog Grooming, simple wee things that make a huge difference to grooming a dog with really long hair like my Old English Sheepies.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2013, 03:52 PM

Have been making crafts selling them for 15 years now
Just have been learning more on you tube what to do with egg shells making flowers out of bread glue been doing that a while pianting and moulding
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2013, 08:31 PM

Take a look at "Space Painting" it's done with cans of paint & saucepan lids! Brilliant!
Glue guns are great until you forget the glue gets HOT!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

22-04-2013, 05:05 AM

Some time ago I bought one of those photo light tents (basically a cube constructed of white opaque material). They are constructed of a spring steel frame and fold up into a small flat circle - a very handy device.

When mine arrived (bought on Ebay) I gleefully opened it and tried it out which was great but then came getting it back into its little bag. It just was not happening, I tried every way. It was not as if I had no experience of this because I have a camping tent which is similar construction but obviously much larger and takes about 30 secs to erect and similar time to put back in its bag but this thing was different...

I had no idea how to fold it up when one of my kids said, "...try Youtube" and of course there was complete instructions showing exactly how to get it back in the bag. So easy when you know how!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top