Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2013, 01:01 PM

Re: Hobbies and You Tube

as for that space painting i bought 2 in florada years ago
Craftwitch
New Member!
Hereford
Craftwitch is female 

23-04-2013, 10:25 AM

Hi, I make my own greeting cards and would love to sell them, any tips? Please
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2013, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by Craftwitch ->
Ebay?
Craftwitch
New Member!
Hereford
Craftwitch is female 

24-04-2013, 08:50 AM

Good idea, I hope it tells you how. Thanks
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2013, 11:30 AM

Other than the usual craft fairs, car boot sales, etc., there is a way of linking your own website to search words that people type in to their search engine. Sadly, I have no idea how this is done but we do have a couple of computery people on here that may know.

Good luck
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2013, 01:50 PM

Good idea, I hope it tells you how. Thanks
Ebay is pretty straight forward to set up an account. I sold stuff for a while on it when I was decluttering but don't bother now. You should do a search on the item you want to sell and 'watch' things that are similar to yours to get an idea if you can actually make money that way or you can try to set a fixed 'Buy it Now' price.

Ebay has a heap of help files to get you started too.

Someone else suggested setting up your own web site. It can be a bit of a hassle and can be expensive depending on how elaborate you want it to be.

The cheapest way I know is to buy a domain name $13 for a couple of years and use a free Google blog I have seen several sites go that way. To the outside world it looks like your own web site and it is free. This is one on a topic related to your work.

http://www.danielledaws.com/

This is one I set up for my seniors club:

http://www.daptoseniors.org.au/

They look very different sites BUT they both use the Google free blogspot and their own domain names.

There are free programs to help prepare content for these blogs too unless you have a basic understanding of writing HTML - you don't need a great deal of knowledge actually.

How you go about collecting money I don't know unless you link them to an Ebay site or open a Paypal account - definitely not my area of expertise (I use that word very loosely).

There are other ways of going about it but that gives you something to think about.
Craftwitch
New Member!
Hereford
Craftwitch is female 

25-04-2013, 10:19 AM

I would like to say thank you to ben-varrey for the helpful ebay suggestion. I will look into it and let you know.
Someone also suggested Etsy so I will have a nose there to.
Thanks Vickyxx
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2013, 07:33 PM

Little tip I used for card making, I bought old sheet music from charity shops, scanned it & used it for backing paper, you need to shrink it though, it works with lots of things like wallpaper, fabric, tinsel, & photos etc.
Craftwitch
New Member!
Hereford
Craftwitch is female 

26-04-2013, 10:29 AM

I will give that a go as I am always hunting for different backings for my art journal pages. Thank you x

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top