Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2013, 09:45 PM

Re: Where is your favorite walk ?

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I was going to say where is my favourite walk but you seem to have strayed from the original post.
Alan, I would like to hear about your favourite walk, please
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2013, 12:01 AM

I have many favourite walks but the Pembrokeshire Coastal path takes some beating ...
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2013, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I was going to say where is my favourite walk but you seem to have strayed from the original post.
You could still have said where your favourite walk is and pull us back onto the right path
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2013, 08:37 AM

OK then. I like to walk the south coast of Guernsey. It is quite varied and scenic but you are never far from civilisation ie cafes are found in most of the bays where you can sit and rest with a nice latte.
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2013, 10:06 AM

I have never been to the channel Islands although I have always fancied it .
I have walked alot of the cornish coast line which is stunning but I hate getting rained on all the time which Is why I love it more here.
When I walk I like to just wear a t shirt and pair of shorts, I normally have a buttie and 2 dog chews in one pocket and a bottle of water in the other, Im not the type to have walking sticks , back packs, maps, etc. I just like to hang free ......
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2013, 10:10 AM

We have quite a large plantation that I like to walk through - there's something very relaxing and comforting about walking through all those trees and hearing twigs snapping underfoot. Not much of a view though!
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2013, 10:33 AM

Plantation ? Makes me think of Bananas ;0) What area do you live in ? What kind of plantation ?
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

07-02-2013, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Nobaggage ->
Plantation ? Makes me think of Bananas ;0) What area do you live in ? What kind of plantation ?
Now you know that Alan will tell us off again I live on the Isle of Man and we have quite a few tree plantations - sadly no bananas or anything like that to munch on during the walk. Quite selfish of them now I come to think of it

<rushes off to type a letter of complaint to the Forestry Board ...>
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2013, 12:44 PM

Too many to choose, but certainly one of my favoirites is the "Queen's Drive" in Braemar. This is a track that rises up above Braemar and passes the remains of a cottage where Queen Victoria's Gamekeeper lived. During her reign, Queen Victoria and John Brown would ride from Balmoral to visit the cottage, bringing gifts of tea and tobacco. The path then risis up past 'The lion's mane' with fantastic views over the river Dee and Invercauld house.

It then descends to road level and heads towards Braemar, passing a WW2 Home Guard machine gun post and then on past Braemar castle.

Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2013, 12:47 PM

Forgot to add that after the castle, the road also passes the house where Robert Louis Stevenson wrote "Treasure Island". I think that there was once a local blacksmith called John Silver.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top