Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2013, 01:54 PM

Re: Hands up if you love Chelsea!

WOW....Something you 'like' - not love, of course...still -
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2013, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
WOW....Something you 'like' - not love, of course...still -
I don't think Willow is talking about football, Pats
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2013, 03:18 PM

I know Mags.... just refreshing to hear there 'is' something -
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

02-03-2013, 03:22 PM

Is Chelsea a football team too?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

02-03-2013, 05:03 PM

We believe you !.....
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2013, 08:36 PM

Another Manchester United fan here I'm afraid - since 1957!
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2013, 04:02 AM

I'm not a Chelsea fan and I don't know an awful lot about footie but I know a little and would like to give my opinion of the situation.

I think the trouble with Chelsea is that they don't give managers a chance. That last manager they had that was an ex Chelsea player, he did so well for Chelsea and the fans liked him yet he was fired for no reason by that Roma whats his face. Because that Roma owns the club it's his decision that's final no one elses.

Also by adding the title 'intrim manager' doesn't help as it gives the impression to the players that the manager isn't going to be there long.

Chelsea FC is getting a bad name and before long they won't get any managers taking up a position there.

Regarding Rafa, the fans don't like him as they didn't want the last manager to go. Rafa isn't a very easy person to get on with I should imagine and slagging off the fans isn't going to help.

That's my take on it, how about that then Not bad for a non football fan (Hubby is obsessed with footie so I've got to know alot).
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2013, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
I'm not a Chelsea fan and I don't know an awful lot about footie but I know a little and would like to give my opinion of the situation.

I think the trouble with Chelsea is that they don't give managers a chance. That last manager they had that was an ex Chelsea player, he did so well for Chelsea and the fans liked him yet he was fired for no reason by that Roma whats his face. Because that Roma owns the club it's his decision that's final no one elses.

Also by adding the title 'intrim manager' doesn't help as it gives the impression to the players that the manager isn't going to be there long.

Chelsea FC is getting a bad name and before long they won't get any managers taking up a position there.

Regarding Rafa, the fans don't like him as they didn't want the last manager to go. Rafa isn't a very easy person to get on with I should imagine and slagging off the fans isn't going to help.

That's my take on it, how about that then Not bad for a non football fan (Hubby is obsessed with footie so I've got to know alot).
Keeping the same manager doesn't always do much good for reputation: take Arsenal - they've had Arsen Wenger since about 96/97 and under his watch, Arsenal have had more red cards than any other team in the Premiership and gained a reputation as a team of dirty players and cheats especially with Patrick Viera (as captain), Freddie Ljungberg and Dennis Bergkamp (although Ljungberg seemed to calm down a lot once Bergkamp went) but I would agree that chopping and changing managers does have an unsettling effect on the players.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2013, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Keeping the same manager doesn't always do much good for reputation: take Arsenal - they've had Arsen Wenger since about 96/97 and under his watch, Arsenal have had more red cards than any other team in the Premiership and gained a reputation as a team of dirty players and cheats especially with Patrick Viera (as captain), Freddie Ljungberg and Dennis Bergkamp (although Ljungberg seemed to calm down a lot once Bergkamp went) but I would agree that chopping and changing managers does have an unsettling effect on the players.
I don't think poor Arsene (or Obscene Winger as we call him) has ever seen a single incident where one of his players has been at fault. He has a huge blind spot when it concerns his own players. I remember a match against United when Adams deliberately elbowed little Solskjaer full in the face as they ran along the touchline together - Wenger couldn't comment because he hadn't seen it although 80,000 others saw it clearly.
MickB
London UK

04-03-2013, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
I think the trouble with Chelsea is twofold - Roman Abramovich and John Terry. Abramovich thinks he knows more about football than his managers (which is why the brilliant Mourinho left); and John Terry thinks he runs the club and does his utmost to turn the dressing room against any manager who he feels doesn't show him enough respect. That is why the current rumour is that Chelsea will get rid of Rafa within the next week or so and offer the "interim" job to Fabio Capello who loved John Terry so much that he forgave him everything and even thought he should stay as captain after being found guilty of racism. Terry has obviously had a word in Roman's ear.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top