Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
ladylili
New Member!
london
ladylili is female 

18-03-2013, 10:16 AM

Stuff to do with the grandkids

Hey all! I'm looking for some fun and free ideas of things to do with the grandkids as I have mine over the easter hols. I'm kicking off with this http://www.lincolnfingerpuppet.com/ which is fun and a bit educational, welcome your suggestions please!!
Michael
Near London,UK
Michael is male  Michael has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2013, 10:47 AM

Re: Stuff to do with the grandkids

This is a good game if you have access to a computer.

Many more left side of screen.

http://www.onemorelevel.com/game/chat_noir
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2013, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by ladylili ->
Hey all! I'm looking for some fun and free ideas of things to do with the grandkids as I have mine over the easter hols.
Marinate them in garlic, chilli and ginger, roast, then serve with apple sauce and fresh vegetables?
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2013, 01:36 PM

After a long day with them and they are still running around .....
Fetch your timer set it to 15mins , make them lay down with eyes shut some where comfy and tell them that you will be watching them and the last one to speak or move wins a prize ...within 10 mins they will be asleep and you can sit in peace with a cuppa .... I use to do this with my neighbours kids worked every time .
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2013, 01:39 PM

Or get them to search for weeds in the veg bed ...one with biggest pile wins ....
A penny for every slug, snail, caterpillar they find ......

Have a disco.... dancing music ...all free
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2013, 03:18 PM

Ours are old enough to amuse themselves......thank god.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2013, 04:11 PM

How old are they Lili my little ones love cooking.

Big Jigsaw puzzles on a board that they can come back to are usually enjoyed .
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2013, 07:11 PM

It does depend on how old they are. Between about 4 and 10 years old, they could make their own chocolate eggs: balloons (whatever size you choose but make them smallish or it gets expensive), chocolate, sweet decorations and small sweets to go inside; place small sweets inside balloon, blow up the balloon and knot it. Melt chocolate in pan. Coat balloon with a thick layer of olive oil or melted butter. Using a pastry brush, cover the balloon with melted chocolate and leave to set (I hang them up on a line with a peg on the knotted bit). When set, pop the balloon and pull it through the opening and then decorate with other sweets, ribbons, piped icing - whatever you fancy doing to them.

For older children: save some egg shells but you need to crack them in a certain way - instead of half broken, you need to carefully tap a hole in the centre front of the egg. Once egg is emptied out, rinse the shell out very carefully and leave to dry. Once dry, mix up some plaster of paris (from chemist, very cheap) and fill bottom of egg up to where the opening starts. When set, trim around the opening with a pair of nail scissors - very carefully. Brush or spray paint the outside of the egg whatever colour you like. Either paint the inside of the egg or cut an old Christmas/birthday card (oval shape) to fit so that it sits inside the egg at the back. Use some glue (can be flour and water) to fix inside a little chick - the sort used for Easter decorations or any other little decoration you fancy using. Scrunch up some tissue (coloured loo roll looks nice) and sit the egg in the centre and voila! You have made your own version of a Faberge egg
ladylili
New Member!
london
ladylili is female 

19-03-2013, 10:41 AM

Thanks so much for the helpful(and sometimes funny) suggestions! Wish me luck!
silver charm
New Member!
London, UK
silver charm is female 

30-03-2013, 09:41 AM

hope it is going well Lili. Thank you for the Lincoln link. A man with whom I am slightly obsessed at the moment. And my grandson has been taking pics of him and has taken a great one where he is hidden in pixels.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top