Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2013, 04:08 PM

Re: star gazing

The thing is Steve, if you buy elsewhere, its a fiasco taking something back. With QVC its easy - so think about that for future reference, membership is also 'easy'...
bilbo
West Country
bilbo is male 

14-05-2013, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by ukmartian ->
Is there anyone else on here who indulges in a bit of amateur astronomy.I have always been interested in Astronomy so a couple of months ago i bought something i had always wanted, a telescope. not a boy scout scope but a 1/2 decent reflector. I have joined a local astronomical club which has a superb telescope ..so far i have seen the moon , Jupiter and Saturn ...Now i have got myself kitted out properly as i had a set of decent eyepieces delivered today and when aint so damn cold i will be spending a few nights in the garden (when the street light go off that is)...to see what i can see ...i may even see home
I decided to spend what spare time I had a bit more fruitfully and earlier this year lashed (moderately) out on a pair of 'scopes. Nothing too complicated mind a 500 mm reflector and a 70mm refractor c/w with several high quality eyepieces, filters and a DSLR mount.

Apart from the weather so far this year being absolute carp, I haven't lost interest yet, although the initial enthusiasm seems to be waning somewhat. The upside is that the 70mm refractor is a Celestron Travelscope70 and travels abroad with me often.
Believe me people, your first view of the Moon or Saturn via a good telescope won't be your last....amazing sight.

And all for under 200.00

[IMG]
[/IMG]
bilbo
West Country
bilbo is male 

14-05-2013, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Graham ->
I want to get into astrophotography and looking for a decent telescope, mount and lenses. Of course a lot of this can quickly become silly money, but its always something I wanted to do.
I bought mine quite cheaply and as my DSLR has a 4 thirds lens mount I thought I might have trouble locating one.
The dealer at this link has many types of adaptor for sale and I'm sure you'll find the appropriate one easily

http://www.nipon-scope.com/shop/inde...products_id=65
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2013, 07:16 PM

I finally got the faulty tripod replaced...It took me a few minutes to unpack and set up ...its a bit bigger than I imagined but hopefully I will be able to see the folks back home

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top