Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2013, 11:40 AM

Finger picking anyone?

I compose (make up might be a better way to put it ) guitar tunes when in a particular mood. This one I was out the back garden in the sun and quietly practising and low and behold this tune just appeared. Not played perfectly but then again are they ever?

I find this tune soothing but it does have a tinge of sadness about it for some reason. Not sure why as I can't remember what it was I was thinking about at the time.

Anyways here it is:

Soothing

Complete with a voice intro and ending .
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2013, 12:52 PM

Re: Finger picking anyone?

I must say Mark that I am envious of anyone that can get any sort of tune out of any sort of instrument, but I must also say that I do prefer a little more melody in the music, that tune was too much of a downer for me...
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2013, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
I must say Mark that I am envious of anyone that can get any sort of tune out of any sort of instrument, but I must also say that I do prefer a little more melody in the music, that tune was too much of a downer for me...
I think my stuff is what they regard as being an 'acquired taste' . Tis kinda gloomy I must admit. Does relax me though for some reason.

I play to my feelings so on this particular day I was in whatever mood that created that tune. Bet mindbender would have a field day trying to analyze it all .
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2013, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I think my stuff is what they regard as being an 'acquired taste' . Tis kinda gloomy I must admit. Does relax me though for some reason.
There's nothing like a bit of gloomy music to cheer you up. My other half calls my musical taste "Razor Blade Music" - Leonard Cohen, John Martyn, Tom Waits etc.
I love to play guitar as well and about 30 years ago I used to sing and play in pubs on a regular basis. Nowadays I just play for myself - ideal way to relax.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2013, 04:01 PM

Its quite good but its that low bass note that is the downer,sorry.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2013, 07:42 PM

I tried to access that link and my laptop crashed!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

29-05-2013, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Its quite good but its that low bass note that is the downer,sorry.
That low note is a bit like the music in Jaws - ominous - or in this case depressing . Can't beat a bit of sadness for picking you up for the rest of the day though. I mean once you shrug if off you have no way to go but up .
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

29-05-2013, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
I tried to access that link and my laptop crashed!
You are not missing much so don't worry. There is though the concern as to why you can't access the page or the link isn't working for you. You have something not quite right with whatever you are using by the looks of it .
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2013, 09:43 AM

I know - I tried to open a link that mindbender put up but it wouldn't open that either.

Hope it's not a virus or spyware as my laptop has been doing some very odd things lately
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2013, 02:23 PM

I tried to play piano - with one hand I was good .....
But, the other wouldn't folla - and do the things it should.
I tried to play the gui-tar - I cut me nails real short ....
I studied all the chords, in the lesson book I bought.
And even tho' me fingers hurt - I kept on with each chord ....
The agony of pain 'n sound - sent me nearly bald ....
But still I wasn't beaten - which shows I must be keen ....
But what do I end up with ..... a 'bleep bleep' tambourine !!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top