Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 01:43 PM

Re: A cashless society - the push for plastic

I have a Debit Card - which I use for drawing cash, and another Debit Card for buying on line - this one is for an account which only ever has a small amount in it as a precaution.
Tartlet
UK
Tartlet is female  Tartlet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 01:46 PM

I only use cash these days for things I can’t use a card for.

As far as I can remember, the only thing I used cash for this last week was great grandson’s weekly post swimming lesson treat of choosing something from the vending machine at the swim school. For some reason, using a vending machine holds some excitement for him.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Honesty boxes are common here.

What about Car Boots?
I have never been to a car boot, so could not comment.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Honesty boxes are common here.

What about Car Boots?

Round here they are mostly for farm gate sales, or people seling a few plants for a chosen charity.

I used to have one when I was living at the farm. I sold cur flowers, vegetables, eggs and goats milk (when is was still allowed).
One day 3 women pinched half the stall and never put a penny in. They came back and did the same thing again a couple of days later.
Turned out they were so-called "Carers" who go into people's homes to care for the elderley!!
Their employer was informed.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
I have never been to a car boot, so could not comment.
Hi

Wow, you should try it.

We have posh Car Boots here, raising money for Charity, great fun.

I have often paid more than the asking price, still had a bargain.

My pretend littlies love them.

Off we go, Sunday Morning, Mum and Dad having a deserved lie in.

They know the drill, Mum says only £5 each, no Burgers or Cokes.

The 3 of us have a great time, that is what Granddads are for, even pretend ones.

No harm done.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 02:13 PM

No littlies, nor do I know any children. So no need for car boots. Living alone, I decluttered when I moved here leaving just enough junk for myself, so would not want to buy more. Even books are disposed of once read, a minimalistic life me for.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
No littlies, nor do I know any children. So no need for car boots. Living alone, I decluttered when I moved here leaving just enough junk for myself, so would not want to buy more. Even books are disposed of once read, a minimalistic life me for.
Ouch - you would have to surgically separate me from my books - but most of them are reference ones - that's my excuse anyway.

Only keep paperbacks if I know for sure they will be read again.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 06:40 PM

I am married, I don’t have cash
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 08:33 PM

How the heck is one supposed to get a "Backhander" without Cash?
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Round here they are mostly for farm gate sales, or people seling a few plants for a chosen charity.

I used to have one when I was living at the farm. I sold cur flowers, vegetables, eggs and goats milk (when is was still allowed).
One day 3 women pinched half the stall and never put a penny in. They came back and did the same thing again a couple of days later.
Turned out they were so-called "Carers" who go into people's homes to care for the elderley!!
Their employer was informed.
We sell eggs, kindling, seedlings from ours and only once have we been stolen from

My thought on it was their need was greater then mine

We just sell our excess, what money we do get goes towards feeding the hens and buying seeds

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top