Join for free
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2017, 05:52 PM

Amish Farmer jailed for 6 years for selling herbal ointments

FFS the man has harmed no one but the entire weight of the FDA has come down on him .

http://www.kentucky.com/news/local/c...159031869.html

There is an online petition asking for a Presidential pardon pardon
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2017, 06:22 PM

Re: Amish Farmer jailed for 6 years for selling herbal ointments

He broke the laws of the country, which because of his religion he believes he is above, he also threatened a witness
Samuel A. Girod of Bath County, a member of the Old Order Amish faith, was convicted in March on 13 charges, including threatening a person in an attempt to stop him from providing information to a grand jury.
read the report, would you buy herbal products from him?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 06:53 AM

Probaby not because I don't know any Amish but I have bought stuff from the Mennonites which are a similar sect ..
However this bloke hardly seems a threat to society to merit such a hefty sentence !
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 07:30 AM

It does seem harsh but, presumably, he knew the consequences his action would bring. His products were, apparently, not correctly labelled, herbal remedies can be lethal in certain circumstances, and then he refused to acknowledge the court - so he wasn't really helping his case.

Do we have any Amish or Mennonites in the UK? Have not heard of any.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

18-10-2017, 07:48 AM

I don't think so the Mennonites that I met were in Belize.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top