Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 06:57 PM

Re: NHS Boss...we want our cash boost!

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Behave.
Oi, Longdong! Morty isn't a smoker!
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 07:23 PM

Since the NHS is always moaning on about lack of funding and they are now claiming a shortage of nurses, perhaps they should be using the money from the salaries they are not paying to fund some of the other priorities they claim to have

Of course if they were to clear out some of the administration deadwood they might save even more. Another avenue they may wish to go down is to prevent some of the petty pilfering for which they are renown and which costs the taxpayer millions.

Finally they should farm some of the services out to private enterprise and regulate it properly.

As for the the alleged amount saved by leaving the EU it is both right and and wrong since like the use of most statistics it depends on your interpretation.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Oi, Longdong! Morty isn't a smoker!
And you can behave too cheeky ..are you saying I'm fat.

I'm a sort of freaky tranny thing ... a smoker who has cut down but is losing weight since she has.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
Of course if they were to clear out some of the administration deadwood they might save even more.
Coincidentally, I have just commented on a post in Facebook, word for word:

Even when I worked in the NHS in the '80s, there was top-heavy management: District Health Authority, Area HA and Regional HA. A pen-pusher's heaven. It still continues and, no doubt, is even worse now. Disgusting waste of money.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

08-11-2017, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
And you can behave too cheeky ..are you saying I'm fat.

I'm a sort of freaky tranny thing ... a smoker who has cut down but is losing weight since she has.
Oh, I'm genuinely sorry Morty. I must have missed the 'fat' bit.

Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 07:52 PM

Health tourism is a drop in the Ocean.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 08:42 PM

Even when I worked in the NHS in the '80s, there was top-heavy management: District Health Authority, Area HA and Regional HA. A pen-pusher's heaven. It still continues and, no doubt, is even worse now. Disgusting waste of money.
It's meant to be managed by GPs now.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 09:07 PM

Let us stop using it and just die, that would suit you wouldn't it?
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 09:21 PM

My partner works in the NHS and I can tell you.......it is far worse now. It's bureaucratic to the point of inertia. Nurses are joining the service now with absolutely no intention of administering care to patients and every intention of fast tracking up the pay scales into management/administrative roles

I get so fed up with the NHS and the Unions asking for more money , on and on like a broken record.
The NHS is better funded and has more employees than ever before.
The NHS needs to be more efficient and change it's remit and get back to basics.
The change by Labour that changed GP's contracts was the single most destructive thing to happen to the NHS.
Some GP's pay went up from about £45-55,000 pa to £400,000 p.a with an average of well over £100,000...... and there are 36,000 GP's in the NHS.
This contract is the reason A&E dept's are under such pressure as GP's are permitted to clock off early and not work weekends. All for a minor pay cut that was more than compensated for by new performance related bonuses ( non related to actual work done)

This contract should be ripped up !
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Let us stop using it and just die, that would suit you wouldn't it?
Please do, lol!!

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top