Join for free
Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 02:58 PM

Re: NHS Boss...we want our cash boost!

Last visit to an out patient clinic I asked a nurse who the three people were walking round with clip boards, she looked heavenwards and said managers, well they call themselves managers but I've never seen them manage anything.

Another time I was approached by clip board chap who asked me a few questions I thought he was a doctor, but no he was doing a satisfaction survey, apparently 5 of them were going clinic to clinic that day asking if we had enjoyed our NHS experience.

Most private organisations leave a box by exit and questionnaires to fill in but NHS has 5 members of staff asking people individually !

I do think many in NHS work really hard but not all, I watched 14 nurses around a nurses station chatting about boyfriends and the weekend, while a lady was desperately ringing for help half way down ward, eventually another patient and I fetched a commode and helped her use it. We were both attached to equipment so it was a bit difficult but we couldn't let the lady wet herself without trying to help her. When nurses were asked why they hadn't helped apparently she wasn't their patient.

Not their patient ? That's not very encouraging I guess if you have a heart attack you have to say a prayer your own nurse sees you because they won't help if you aren't assigned to them !
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 03:07 PM

Re: NHS Boss...we want our cash boost!

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Last visit to an out patient clinic I asked a nurse who the three people were walking round with clip boards, she looked heavenwards and said managers, well they call themselves managers but I've never seen them manage anything.

Another time I was approached by clip board chap who asked me a few questions I thought he was a doctor, but no he was doing a satisfaction survey, apparently 5 of them were going clinic to clinic that day asking if we had enjoyed our NHS experience.
I would have answered: "No, not really. Too many administrators/pen pushers. Er... you did write that down, didn't you?"

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I do think many in NHS work really hard but not all, I watched 14 nurses around a nurses station chatting about boyfriends and the weekend, while a lady was desperately ringing for help half way down ward, eventually another patient and I fetched a commode and helped her use it. We were both attached to equipment so it was a bit difficult but we couldn't let the lady wet herself without trying to help her. When nurses were asked why they hadn't helped apparently she wasn't their patient.

Not their patient ? That's not very encouraging I guess if you have a heart attack you have to say a prayer your own nurse sees you because they won't help if you aren't assigned to them !
That's disgusting. I'd have recorded a video and published it, hopefully in a national newspaper. Heads would have rolled.

Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top