Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 11:41 AM

Re: Can you belive this?

This is absolutely stupid.
It's because everybody in this Victorian country is sh!t scared of upsetting 'visitors' from others countries in fear of then citing Human Rights. Furthermore, it's the cost of the legal bills too.
Namby pamby state we live in.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 11:49 AM

Did anyone actually bother to read what was reported and why he did what he did?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 12:38 PM

Yes I read the article and in my mind the problem is... its not his job to get involved with what amounts to a political issue. His job is to administer justice and the point in my post was what about the victim in all this? even if as you suggest this man does not receive a penny of the ruling the point is he might.

Its not acceptable to use his position for anything other than his remit he is not a politician and the victims deserve justice not years wondering what might or might not happen.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Yes I read the article and in my mind the problem is... its not his job to get involved with what amounts to a political issue. His job is to administer justice and the point in my post was what about the victim in all this? even if as you suggest this man does not receive a penny of the ruling the point is he might.

Its not acceptable to use his position for anything other than his remit he is not a politician and the victims deserve justice not years wondering what might or might not happen.

I completely agree. Activist judges are a problem in the U.S. as well. They see their position, not as one to uphold the law and see to it that justice is served, but rather one to change society in any manner they see fit, regardless of what the law says.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Did anyone actually bother to read what was reported and why he did what he did?
I'll be honest no I didn't because op is on ignore but I would suggest often the law is an ass and he had no choice. When people are kept in error, I think that's the case ? They are entitled to be recompensed for that. If we make exceptions we are condoning people being held without trial or being locked up far past their date of release.
Most judges hate compensating criminals but they love the law of the land and have vowed to keep it safe.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2017, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'll be honest no I didn't because op is on ignore but I would suggest often the law is an ass and he had no choice. When people are kept in error, I think that's the case ? They are entitled to be recompensed for that. If we make exceptions we are condoning people being held without trial or being locked up far past their date of release.
Most judges hate compensating criminals but they love the law of the land and have vowed to keep it safe.

Except when we condone and participate in the US's version of justice in 'rendition' flights or imprisonment in Guantanamo.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2017, 12:17 PM

Is the world going mad ?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-deported.html
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2017, 12:28 PM

Not going mad, gone mad. I also read in a UK newspaper yesterday that an Iraqi held by the Army for being caught carrying a bomb has been awarded 33,000 pounds because the Army kept him locked up a week too long. I quite simply dare not say what I think !
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2017, 12:42 PM

I am happy to be locked up for a week if someone will give me £33k
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

16-12-2017, 12:54 PM

Ok here's another one

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-homeland.html

Now will someone explain why if you haven't paid in so many years in NI you only get a limited pension why an asuylm seeker who came here when he was 57 manages so well he can nip back to the Somali sunshine gets pension credits ?
Now the uk idiots put him in jail - more expense give him a one way ticket back to the sunshine .

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top