Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2017, 11:31 PM

Do you suspect there is a Default Point, in your life, and, if so, can you guess where that is, and, if you could, would you disentangle events, to get back to that point, if that was possible?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2017, 11:53 PM

Re: Default

I suspect the default point would be in adulthood and probably at the time one makes up ones mind to team up with another human being for life. If one could go back to I hour before that decision is legalised then I’m sure there would be a very big queue to default.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 05:14 AM

Yeah, following that sudden and slimy move from the safety and warmth of mother's uterus into the real world.
After a few years of confusion and turmoil, you're on your own��
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 09:27 PM

Default?
It's de fault of de parents

Jamaica? No but I tried.

Alaska? What did she say?

Oops methinks I'm in a silly mood
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Default?
It's de fault of de parents

Jamaica? No but I tried.

Alaska? What did she say?

Oops methinks I'm in a silly mood
Meagrees
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Meagrees
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 07:26 PM

Not sure what a default point actually means when thinking about human beings, but I suppose I think of my default point as being variable through my life. For instance, I can be at my default point when nobody or thing is upsetting me and I feel balanced and not unduly stressed. Neither in a good mood or bad, neither unduly happy or unhappy. When I have worked hard or had to put all my energies into something, or cope with some stressful problem (whatever sort) when it is finished I may well go down and be exhausted, both mentally and physically - Gradually, if all is as it should be and I am lucky enough to have the resources I will come back to a point when I am back to my "normal" whatever that may be. I don't think I would expect my default point to be the same as it was 10/20/30 years ago. As I said I think it varies with age. Perhaps I am talking about equilibrium and status quo or something similar.

Edited to add - perhaps my default point is when I am asleep and not dreaming.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Meagrees
Metoo
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 09:06 PM

No, I would not go back to a default point in case it changed anything that followed afterwards. I would not want to change a thing in case it prevented me from being here now, with the person I fell in love with. I would not want to take the risk that any of that would change.

Others of course may want to change things, but I do not.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Not sure what a default point actually means when thinking about human beings, but I suppose I think of my default point as being variable through my life. For instance, I can be at my default point when nobody or thing is upsetting me and I feel balanced and not unduly stressed. Neither in a good mood or bad, neither unduly happy or unhappy. When I have worked hard or had to put all my energies into something, or cope with some stressful problem (whatever sort) when it is finished I may well go down and be exhausted, both mentally and physically - Gradually, if all is as it should be and I am lucky enough to have the resources I will come back to a point when I am back to my "normal" whatever that may be. I don't think I would expect my default point to be the same as it was 10/20/30 years ago. As I said I think it varies with age. Perhaps I am talking about equilibrium and status quo or something similar.

Edited to add - perhaps my default point is when I am asleep and not dreaming.
Very thoughtful post. I'm not sure what my default would be but I like it when I'm asleep and am dreaming - that way I know it's restorative sleep and I should feel better upon awakening.

Lately I've been having a tough time of it and have had to force myself to eat, just to function.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top