Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 05:05 PM

Please Give Generously

We are now deluged with letters form Charities daily and on TV see pitiful scenes of Blind Children and Children drinking dirty water with Animal excrement in it.

Where on earth does the £billions of Foreign Aid actually go?
Apart from all the people who are homeless and penniless at Christmas in the UK'
It is a scandalous misuse use of Tax Payers money.

As for Charities;Why are the Salvation Army asking for £19.00 for one Christmas lunch?
Any Caterer will tell you it does not cost that much to provide and make a profit as well.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 05:12 PM

Re: Please Give Generously

The whole generous spirit of donations is a thing of the past.

To be more specific and correctly lay the blame for that .. the charities themselves killed off the generous spirit of goodwill.
Now they ask .. often for a minimum amount , one not affordable by many who might otherwise have given. They're turning into packs of scavenging vultures.
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 05:19 PM

I don't do charities anymore,big con imo,
I can remember back in the 60s,blue peter,asking kids for dosh,so they can dig a well for villages in Africa,so the kids can have fresh water,,they are still asking.how many frigging wells do they need?dig a reservoir.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 05:28 PM

Some of the top execs in these charities are on very good salaries
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
The whole generous spirit of donations is a thing of the past.

To be more specific and correctly lay the blame for that .. the charities themselves killed off the generous spirit of goodwill.
Now they ask .. often for a minimum amount , one not affordable by many who might otherwise have given. They're turning into packs of scavenging vultures.
I agree they are like vultures,with huge salaries to the Director and Top staff while Volunteers get Tea and biscuits.

They have premises in the most expensive areas and all have "£millions in the Bank as well
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 05:34 PM

I believe the Sally army provide more than food but weather appropriate clothing as well. And im sure that they use any donations wisely, they get their hands dirty and are active among the poor homeless and disabled.

Ive just received my £200 cold weather payment so £20 too those less fortunate is hardly a chore.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 05:34 PM

Ive had Sally Army send me a plead through the post also had the Feet and Mouth Artist send me some really nice Christmas cards ,and asked for me to pay for them ..
Its emotional blackmail and ive learned to switch off now when these arrive ,before i would feel guilty not donating , and i suppose thats what they are banking on , your Conscience...
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

08-12-2017, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
I believe the Sally army provide more than food but weather appropriate clothing as well. And im sure that they use any donations wisely, they get their hands dirty and are active among the poor homeless and disabled.

Ive just received my £200 cold weather payment so £20 too those less fortunate is hardly a chore.
Yes! They do a lot of very good work, the clothes are given free and so are lots of food as well.They also get huge donations too.

There was a time when £5.00 was perfectly acceptable.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 05:50 PM

I'm thinking our erstwhile Minister For Trade, Ambassador Andy Airmiles was distributing all our hard earned pennies to save the Appalation mountain leopard. It's the last surviving one, Dammit.
I bet if meercats had a bad year we'd suddenly have billions to spare.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

08-12-2017, 05:58 PM

Most Charity Shops have a mountains of Clothes and now only want good as new.
They bag the old ones in large plastic sacks and sell them to the 'Rag and Bone man, for £1.00 per bag.
He then takes them to them to the Market and makes a very good profit. All major charity shops are now on-line as well

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top