Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 06:06 PM

Re: Please Give Generously

Originally Posted by Azure ->
Yes! They do a lot of very good work, the clothes are given free and so are lots of food as well.They also get huge donations too.

There was a time when £5.00 was perfectly acceptable.

It still is Azure there is a box at the end saying any other amount.
The boxes start at £9 not 19 ( because most people will round it up ) and go up in increments but you may give as much as you wish .
Money given to the Salvation Army is money well spent.

Edited to say just seen the TV ad which does indeed say £19 but in fact they will accept everything ( I had a letter )
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
Yes! They do a lot of very good work, the clothes are given free and so are lots of food as well.They also get huge donations too.

There was a time when £5.00 was perfectly acceptable.
Things have changed a bit Azure. Homelessness has risen drastically,

With austerity biting harder for most, donations will probably be drying up or less is given.

Support and aid groups are now denied financial or practical help. So more victims less help, it will pay to ask for more even if you get less
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 06:16 PM

Well said Nom
It's cold today it must be dreadful to be on the streets.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 06:29 PM

I think the Sally Army is probably one of the better charities around these days but I still object to requesting set amounts. Yes it must be terrible living on the street this time of year and in the past I have bought food and hot drinks for those unfortunate enough to be in that position.

I do wonder how many of those have been shipped in from abroad though.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 06:34 PM

My local charity shop wanted £25 each for 2 fake Ralph Lauren shirts.

Charity begins at home and I do believe that there are many who do a good job but there are con artists, too.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 06:39 PM

"Remember us in your Will"

That one really gets my heckles up.

As for kids walking for 6 hours to get fresh water.....move the village nearer to the river.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->

As for kids walking for 6 hours to get fresh water.....move the village nearer to the river.
i agree People should not be allowed to live on barren land with ensuing droughts, they could also be moved nearer the Towns

The Dictators of the Countries have allowed this for years as they know £millions of World Aid is available and a great chunk of it goes on the Military and their expensive life style.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->

I have always thought that Tpin.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Things have changed a bit Azure. Homelessness has risen drastically,

With austerity biting harder for most, donations will probably be drying up or less is given.

Support and aid groups are now denied financial or practical help. So more victims less help, it will pay to ask for more even if you get less

At present in 2017 they have a very healthy surplus working Capital in the Bank, and it is run like any other business.

it is not possible for them to look after all the homeless in the UK.
This is the Governments job who let the elderly die of hypothermia every year because they can't afford the high heating bills.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 07:12 PM

[QUOTE=Azure;1290848]At present in 2017 they have a very healthy surplus working Capital in the Bank, and it is run like any other business.

it is not possible for them to look after all the homeless in the UK.
This is the Governments job who let the elderly die of hypothermia every year because they can't afford the high heating bills.[/Q

Oh thats all right then why have more to help the poor lets give it too rich bastards instead, thats the tory way selfish attitudes abound on this site, Leave you to it.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top