Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2017, 09:36 PM

Re: Have You Got Cabin Fever Yet?

No snow here this morning Arty, went out for a swift eight mile run before it got light. Although it was cold (zero degrees C) the roads were dry and very little ice. Later we drove to a garden centre for Sunday Dinner (lunch where you come from) and then visited parents grave to place a wreath, that's when it started to snow. Quite festive in the cemetery next to the church...It's stopped now and it hasn't settled, so a worried Mrs Fox will be able to go to Lincoln for a couple of days with her friend tomorrow. I provide the taxi.....and my own meals for the next few days....
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2017, 09:39 PM

Yes Arty we still have loads of the stuff laying about and with the temperature plummeting it ain't gonna melt overnight. My windscreen wipers started playing up again this morning because of the heavyness of the snow.I have been playing about with the idea of getting a new motor installed and new arms I guess this is going to be the week otherwise I may have more problems later. Its been kind of a annual occurence these past 4yrs.

Anyways Arty if you have run out of things to do you can always pop into Pitsea and do some of my snow shovelling.
I'll fix you a hot toddy for your troubles.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2017, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Yes Arty we still have loads of the stuff laying about and with the temperature plummeting it ain't gonna melt overnight. My windscreen wipers started playing up again this morning because of the heavyness of the snow.I have been playing about with the idea of getting a new motor installed and new arms I guess this is going to be the week otherwise I may have more problems later. Its been kind of a annual occurence these past 4yrs.

Anyways Arty if you have run out of things to do you can always pop into Pitsea and do some of my snow shovelling.
I'll fix you a hot toddy for your troubles.
Ok Longfellow, just give me a few minutes to get my Huskies strapped to my sleigh and their harnesses attached round my waist!
If l start out soon, l might get to you by the morning!! Well, that’s if the M25 has been gritted!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2017, 10:26 PM

We had a good 4" here this morning, and they have just forecast -6 tomorrow night!

I haven't done a lot really. Cleared front and back paths of snow, baked some dog biscuits, cooked my dinner, did my ironging, and sorted out some bank stuff - that's about it.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2017, 10:51 PM

Lots of snow here, but I do not have cabin fever as I never go anywhere at the weekends, except to take my dog out if the weather is good. However, even she had no wish to go out today once she saw the snow. I opened the back door, she took one look and headed back to her bed. She has been out twice to pee today, but that's all. Not daft my dog.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2017, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Not cabin fever exactly, I don't mind being alone but the thought of being unable to get out of the village if I need to is a bit scary.
Hope you have neighbours keeping an eye on you meg, I know here some of us look in on each other just to be sure alls well.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2017, 11:30 PM

In a word...yes!
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2017, 11:40 PM

I noticed all neighbours have cleared their drives and paths, mine is about five inches deep without a mark on it. I haven't dared even go out to the bins.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 08:08 AM

I did my shopping on Friday morning and I've been inside since, but I would have done that whatever the weather
I had already planned to write all my cards, some included letters, and do quite a bit of cleaning & tidying
I've done all that, so now I can relax. I have to go out this morning and I'll post the letters & cards on my way

There was some snow over the weekend, but very light & patchy compared to some of the scenes I've seen on TV
A couple of weeks ago I went round a discount store and a couple of supermarkets and bought a load of packet & canned food ready for Christmas & winter
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 08:24 AM

I have been out in the snow walking can't waste it doing jobs indoors!

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top