Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 09:00 AM

Re: Have You Got Cabin Fever Yet?

Well I am sure you are all sick of hearing about it, but this cold is causing awful pain in my wrist so, apart from a trip to the shops yesterday morning, to stock up supplies for me and the cats, I have spent most of the last 2 days under a furry blanket in front of the TV!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I have been out in the snow walking can't waste it doing jobs indoors!
Love it Muddy, same here, Business as usual..
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 09:29 AM

I don't get cabin fever. I put my wellies on and go a walk.

I love walking through the crisp crunchy snow.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 10:01 AM

We just carried on as a normal day in spite of the snow, clipped the dogs in the morning, had lunch then coats and hats on and went for a walk with the dogs. Having worked outside most of my life I hate snow and frost with a passion, but I'll certainly not let it rule my life...
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I don't get cabin fever. I put my wellies on and go a walk.

I love walking through the crisp crunchy snow.
I just wish I could do that, my poor dog has not had a walk since Friday and wont get one today either. Our hill is totally impossible, no neighbours can get down it, so my mobility scooter stays in the garage. My own drive is so steep that I could never get it up through the gate and, of course, has not been cleared. So another day, at least, housebound.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 11:12 AM

Cabin Fever? it was a balmy 27°C today so despite your snow I was out and about.

However Thursday is predicted to be 38°C so not much chance of snow but I am going to a seniors lunch at the club where I will be able to stay in the air conditioned comfort afterwards testing the beer until it cools down in the evening in time to stagger home.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 11:29 AM

I no longer suffer from cabin fever, notwithstanding being confined to my 'pad' for days or even weeks on end. When the weather is bad, rain, hail, sleet or snow I am content to hibernate. I have a large freezer stocked with food, I have fridge also containing lots of food and two large kitchen cupboards stocked with tins and packet foods.

If I run my food cupboard,fridge or freezer down to a point where I need to restock, I go 'on-line', and order more food to be delivered to me from the nice men at Sainsburys.

The only times I need to leave my nice warm 'pad', is for hospital visits (which I now have to do twice a week) and the 'vampire' clinic to check my INR weekly.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 12:00 PM

I ventured out last night.....put on my Arctic white camo gear which consists of white parka, white trousers and white boots.

This stuff is good for the coldest of conditions and when used at night(in urban surroundings) gives the added protection of high visibility.

This was a big mistake as I am writing this from my hospital bed.

I was run over by a snow plough
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 12:12 PM

Don't joke Tpin .... I'm looking at me boots, scarf and gloves and getting ready to put them on and venture out .... it's minus 3 outside.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Don't joke Tpin .... I'm looking at me boots, scarf and gloves and getting ready to put them on and venture out .... it's minus 3 outside.
A very thin layer of snow on the grass, that's it for us.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top