Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 06:54 AM

Good morning Monday

Good morning everyone, deep and crisp and even here at the moment, so roll on spring I say....

No plans to go anywhere today, I am expecting a delivery of laminate flooring but just wondering whether it will arrive due to the road conditions, who'd be a delivery driver on mornings like these...

Have a good day folks.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 08:08 AM

Re: Good morning Monday

Morning Barry and everyone else to come.

We are going to try our luck this morning and go to the Care home to visit the MIL, its still quite thick here but it thawing out.

Have a nice day all.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 08:25 AM

Good Morning everyone! No snow here - but lots of black ice. Going to the farm shop for vegs later, then into town to have a look at St Nicholas Fair!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 09:23 AM

Good morning everyone no sign of any settled snow here but it’s very windy.

Wondering whether to risk going into town this morning, I need to go to the bank.

Barry I hope your delivery arrives today...

Enjoy your day folks..
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 09:26 AM

Good morning everybody.

I did have plans today to meet a distant relative for lunch today - we only meet once a year before Christmas.
Anyway she's called it off because of the weather so my day is my own.

I have to take the dreaded rug doctor back to Tesco first thing.
As my carpets are drying I can see clean & dirty patches - I don't think I'd make a very good carpet cleaner...

While at Tesco's I need to go to their Vouchers stand. My granddaughter & hubby & grandson & wife. What do you get young couples who have everything?
I decided to get them a meal voucher to be spent at a good choice of restaurants.

This afternoon I'll probably get down on my hands & knees with a sponge & go over the carpet bits I've missed!!!

Have a good day all.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 09:47 AM

Good morning all.

It seems a bit milder here this morning, 4 degrees. Plenty of snow laying still though.

I need to go and see if my car will start as I have an appointment at 9.30.

Martin's coming back to hopefully finish the last bit of tiling and do a job in th front porch for me, and that's about it for today.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 09:47 AM

Morning all.

Going to drive to Sainsburys sometime today, to get some items that I'm running low on. Don't want to wait in the rain for a bus to the high street.

Also waiting for pup to do her normal lunchtime poo then will pot some up and take her to the vet: they offer walk in appointments. I've checked with a local group that roads are clear but we do have rain now. She is feeding, which is something, and still happy.

Right. Off to have breakfast.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 10:05 AM

buenas dias all. A weather change for us today. It's grey and cloudy, very windy and it feels very cold. It might even rain, now that would be a novelty.

I need to go into our local town this morning, I'll pick my friend up on the way, her car is still poorly and waiting for a part to be delivered to the mechanic, so I'll take her shopping as well.

Have a pleasant day all, take care if you have to go out.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 10:09 AM

Morning everyone I won't be going far today. Chloe and I went for an early walk but the snow is too deep for her to walk through in the field so we only went to the bottom of the lane. I can't stop sneezing so I guess a cold is on the way.

I notice my lovely rosemary bush has been ruined by the snow, the weight has broken it off in two places. A lovely old yew in the churchyard has been split in two as well.

I am trying to work up the enthusiasm to do some cleaning but don't feel like doing much today.

Enjoy your day
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2017, 10:18 AM

Good morning all, another day of being snowed in. According to the forecast we are due to have -12.0 tonight. Typical, my hot water bottle sprang a leak yesterday (thankfully not in the bed), so it will be no warm bed tonight for me. Must try and get the winter duvet down off the top of the wardrobe as I still have my summer one on my bed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top