Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2018, 10:16 PM

Re: HoL delivers yet another snub to TM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I see a petition to abolish the House of Lords has reached the 100,000 votes level and should, in theory, trigger a debate in parliament. No doubt if such a debate takes place, it will be whitewashed.
Yes, I signed it when it was about 60,000 and it has increased in numbers really quite quickly which, I think, shows the strength of public opinion on this matter.

I'm sure you're right, though. Why would our MPs want to disestablish the House of Lords when many of them are likely to end up there in time: all that free food and drink, and £300 a day for just turning up and having a snooze?

Let's be honest, most of them are interested only in their own well-being and, apart from asking for our votes, don't give a toss about the rest of us.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2018, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, I signed it when it was about 60,000 and it has increased in numbers really quite quickly which, I think, shows the strength of public opinion on this matter.

I'm sure you're right, though. Why would our MPs want to disestablish the House of Lords when many of them are likely to end up there in time: all that free food and drink, and £300 a day for just turning up and having a snooze?

Let's be honest, most of them are interested only in their own well-being and, apart from asking for our votes, don't give a toss about the rest of us.

Left it a bit late didn't you???

Some of us were in the first few thousand to sign it!!!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2018, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
I sure this will interest you Joe, if you at able to understand it. In case you can't it means the tide is slowly turning.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...-jitters-ease/

Wait until the barstewards have to pay all that compensation and damages to the 'Windrush' generation. This will put an enormous hole in the scumbag 'nasty party's' budget. And they still need to pay compensation for those displaced by the Grenfell Tower disaster!!!
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2018, 09:52 AM

You don't deal with the point that the government are doing the very thing you said they weren't dealing with. However because they are dealing with this Labour inflicted mess they will have the wherewithal to do just that, pay compensation.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top