Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2017, 08:59 PM

Re: Could you display....

I save cards but would never display them..
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2017, 09:08 PM

No, I couldn't Carol. I would find it far too upsetting.
But each to his own.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2017, 10:51 PM

I have four cards from family members who have died and they are displayed along with all the others every year. The oldest is about 25 years old. I don't find it creepy at all.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2017, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I have four cards from family members who have died and they are displayed along with all the others every year. The oldest is about 25 years old. I don't find it creepy at all.

TBH I don't find it creepy either...

Every year I keep cards from the previous year that people have written with updates about what's been happening in their life, just to remind me.
Last year two were going through ill health - both sadly died this year.

I put their cards up today from last year to remember them.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2017, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Haven't got any and definitely wouldn't display them. Bit creepy.
Any memories and fond thoughts I have are safely housed in my head and in my heart where they'll remain until the day I join them.
I agree Morty !
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2017, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
TBH I don't find it creepy either...

Every year I keep cards from the previous year that people have written with updates about what's been happening in their life, just to remind me.
Last year two were going through ill health - both sadly died this year.

I put their cards up today from last year to remember them.
Every time I look at them, it just reminds me of them. Obviously I am aware that they are just bits of cardboard.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2017, 11:50 PM

Every time I look at them, it just reminds me of them. Obviously I am aware that they are just bits of cardboard.
That's the way I think too. Can't understand why it's thought of as creepy.

I won't put them up next year though. This year is different, being the year they died and me still having their last cards.
I wanted to remember them with something until they become a memory, if that makes sense.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2017, 12:17 AM

I think I am inclined to agree with our Dongles here.
Depending on the relationship I had with the person, I don't think I would be afraid to display their card.
I'm not sure I have any, I will have to have a look now

I think I may have some 'special' birthday cards though, and it might even make that person feel closer adn included again.
I will give it a try and let you know.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2017, 10:35 AM

Good for you (I thought I was going to be the only one).
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2017, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I think I am inclined to agree with our Dongles here.
Depending on the relationship I had with the person, I don't think I would be afraid to display their card.
I'm not sure I have any, I will have to have a look now

I think I may have some 'special' birthday cards though, and it might even make that person feel closer adn included again.
I will give it a try and let you know.
b.i.b That's how I feel Mups. but I haven't kept any cards.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top