Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 11:33 AM

Re: My Little box

Originally Posted by summer ->
Thanks adanac, next project is a dressing table it's not wood though it's a modern type melamine one, still considering how to approach it.
Well, if you've got some free time, I have a single wardrobe, a dresser and a chest of drawers, all solid wood, probably from the 1930's, that need restoring .....

summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Well, if you've got some free time, I have a single wardrobe, a dresser and a chest of drawers, all solid wood, probably from the 1930's, that need restoring .....

Ha! Actually Omah it's not difficult just time consuming. It can be lucrative too I found a Rackshaw table in a second hand warehouse it was in a terrible condition. I bought it for £100 then spent a couple of weeks restoring it. I found the exact same table in a Harrogate Antique shop £1,700 that made me very happy

Get yourself to utube for tutorials and give it a go
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Ha! Actually Omah it's not difficult just time consuming. It can be lucrative too I found a Rackshaw table in a second hand warehouse it was in a terrible condition. I bought it for £100 then spent a couple of weeks restoring it. I found the exact same table in a Harrogate Antique shop £1,700 that made me very happy

Get yourself to utube for tutorials and give it a go
Years ago (before the internet), I restored several musical instruments, including a violin, a mandolin, a cello and a banjo. I was very definitely untutored, apart from school woodwork lessons, so the end results were botched but playable. Most of the instruments are long gone and I don't play any more but I do still meddle with music, which, like restoration, takes up a lot of time, so I leave furniture and furnishings to experts .....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 01:09 PM

A lovely result Summer
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 11:44 PM

A very nice job Summer. I'll tell you what, that's a damned sight better job than that woman on TV who gets crap from skips and tries to refurbish them. The stuff she gets looks like refurbished crap.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 11:54 PM

That is lovely Summer, you are a clever girl.
I bet you enjoyed doing it as well.
Well done.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 06:19 AM

Well done Summer, did a good job...I need a box also for all the leads I have .....for the computer, for the mini computer, the camera, the telephone,
electric guitar, amplifier, charger for mini drill. etc etc,
could you do a box for me Summer about the size of a tea chest please
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 10:35 AM

Thank you all for the lovely comments I will pass them onto Oscar

You are right about needing a tea chest basser actually they are all the rage in modern loft apartments the more knocked about the better
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
A very nice job Summer. I'll tell you what, that's a damned sight better job than that woman on TV who gets crap from skips and tries to refurbish them. The stuff she gets looks like refurbished crap.
I always thought that was Nigel Slater
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 04:09 PM

Summer, if ever I see your legs sticking out of a skip, I shall take you home and give you a good clean up.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top