Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 10:15 AM

The consequences of disability poverty and deprivation

The despicable scumbag 'nasty party' have presided over swingeing cuts in disability benefits, allegedly by persuading and helping the disabled to find employment. The reality is somewhat different - leaving the disabled without sufficient funds to maintain themselves!!!

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ick-employment
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 10:30 AM

Re: The consequences of disability poverty and deprivation

Let them eat cake....
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Let them eat cake....

You're despicable and not funny!!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 11:17 AM

I think he's right Uj,that's exactly what some would say. I'd like to see some of those in charge try and live on what many have to. See exactly the choices some have to make.

We actually laughed this morning, think it was mild hysteria, rent went up notice arrived this morning in same post Steven got his cards from his job, and my firm announced they are looking at cutting hours where I work. I am wondering if tm and her mob have ever tried to live on what many have coming in. Just lucky we have savings or we'd really be up a creak.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 01:28 PM

TBF this all started with Frank Field MP under the previous government but the Tories have ramped it up - it's just a matter of shuffling money around so that the rich get even more.

I know someone who suffered a brain haemorrhage who passed the ESA face to face as being fit for work, scoring 2 points. This despite his being unable to walk more than 100m without sitting down and having severe cognitive problems including forgetting things after 10 minutes and being unable to write properly.

Thankfully, this claim didn't even reach the tribunal stage after the intervention of his doctors, being reversed quickly.

Just the idea, though, of some jumped-up ex nurse of an HCP marking this man as fit to work makes me angry, though.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 01:35 PM

That's awful but I'm glad it was reversed so quickly some people wait ages often with no money.

It's a change in society I never thought I'd see where some are so jealous of disabled people they demonise and force them off benefits !
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 01:39 PM

You can't label all disabled people the same. I'm sure there are lots of disabled people who would like to be able to work and earn a living rather than relying on hand-outs. Then there are those that obviously need support.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
You can't label all disabled people the same. I'm sure there are lots of disabled people who would like to be able to work and earn a living rather than relying on hand-outs. Then there are those that obviously need support.
I think the vast majority of disabled people would be in that category. My wife is disabled with osteo-arthritis, damaged vertebrae and a major heart problem (amongst other more minor issues) and there is nothing she would like more than to go back to work. Before the accident at work which initiated her arthritis, she worked as a retail manager and did several volunteer part-time jobs for a variety of charities. She has never been a lazy person and is incredibly frustrated by her inability to work due to the nature of her disabilities and the side-effects of the smorgasbord of drugs she has to take daily.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 02:45 PM

Going by Michael in the article who has Crohn disease it made him unfit for work.

Have known at least three people in my life who suffered from this and ALL of them had no trouble working.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
I think the vast majority of disabled people would be in that category. My wife is disabled with osteo-arthritis, damaged vertebrae and a major heart problem (amongst other more minor issues) and there is nothing she would like more than to go back to work. Before the accident at work which initiated her arthritis, she worked as a retail manager and did several volunteer part-time jobs for a variety of charities. She has never been a lazy person and is incredibly frustrated by her inability to work due to the nature of her disabilities and the side-effects of the smorgasbord of drugs she has to take daily.
She fits my wife to a T

My late wife suffered from Lupus, work for 20 years with it.

Ran a grease spoon café with a friend.

On a massive amount of drugs WHICH she had to pay for.

She got her pension when she was 60.( £88 a month)

She sold the café when she was 61 in the July of that year.

She had been complaining of a sore shoulder for a couple of months before that.

Was taken to hospital in mid September of 2006 died the 30th of September of the same year of small cell lung cancer.

Never claimed a penny of benefits in her life

Just to sink to UJ level that racist Labour/Comi party was in charge when she died.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top