Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2018, 08:45 AM

Universal Credit & voting intentions

I wonder how many Universal; Credit claimants will now be voting for the scumbag 'nasty party' during the local elections next month and again whenever the General Election is called???

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...lions-lose-out
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2018, 08:54 AM

Re: Universal Credit & voting intentions

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
I wonder how many Universal; Credit claimants will now be voting for the scumbag 'nasty party' during the local elections next month and again whenever the General Election is called???

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...lions-lose-out
Hi

Your Communist Utopia again UJ.

Not working in Communist Countries is a Criminal Offence.

Parasitism.

Get over it, I would love to see it introduced here in the UK.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2018, 08:54 AM

I wouldn't vote for them anyway, going through the UC nightmare at the moment because I moved house.
Why anyone in Social Housing ever moved house is a mystery!
I'm sure it's geared to forcing people to pay bedroom tax rather than go through six weeks of total stress!
I must say though our local Job Centre have been very good. I could not have managed without them.
Everything has to be done online, so I don't know how some people manage! I had no Broadband or roaming data left on my phone so it was very stressful!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2018, 09:19 AM

Sadly another half thought out policy causing real hardship to those most in need.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2018, 09:49 AM

Because of the delay in paying UC Social Housing landlords now ask for rent in advance, put that on top of removal expenses, all the other stresses and expense of moving, then waiting 6 weeks for money, if you haven't got family or as I had an overdraft it is impossible to move house.
If I' d got my pension instead of waiting yet another year and 7 months, it wouldn't have been a problem.
Although, the rent officers don't seem to know how pensioners will get help with housing costs.
This last month has been the most stressful ever! (Started with moving in a snow storm) Even moving countries was easier!
Now I have a lovely virus, probably cos everything is finally settling down.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2018, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Sadly another half thought out policy causing real hardship to those most in need.
Hi

I have real issues with the way it is being administered Nom.

I will gladly pay more Tax to help those genuinely in most need.

The others can swan off.

Unfortunately those most in need, those who cannot fill the forms in correctly are being penalised.

I find this very wrong.

The pillocks who abuse the system are still getting away with it.

I have been absolutely open and honest with the system.

It grieves me that others have not.

I gave up my Blue Badge as soon as I could.

It seriously annoys me that others, who have a Blue Badge, carry my fishing tackle for me because I cannot.

I was classed as 54% Disabled, loads of money.

I went back and said I had improved, so lost money.

I am still 50% Disabled, but I will not claim a penny more.

I am an Independent so and so, I would rather the money go to those in genuine need.
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2018, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi
I am an Independent so and so, I would rather the money go to those in genuine need.
My dad used to say that. The problem is that it won't go to those in genuine need.

You not claiming won't mean that those in need get a bit more, that's naive. The Tories will still target the poor as much as they can get away with, while giving their buddies tax concessions and handouts.

A lot of people who will lose out from this brutal Universal Credit system are in low paid work. If you're going to make not working a criminal offence, start with some company directors, investors, employers, some members of the Royal Family and MEPS who take the salary and the pension but don't ever attend or turn up to vote.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2018, 11:08 AM

UC should have been a solution but its become another problem, rolled out in various areas across the county its faults were noticed quickly but not acted upon.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2018, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
UC should have been a solution but its become another problem, rolled out in various areas across the county its faults were noticed quickly but not acted upon.

This was the brain-child (??? ) of that scumbag 'nasty party' idiot Iain Duncan-Smith an over stuffed, over-paid imbecile if ever there was one!!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

08-04-2018, 11:50 AM

I disagree UJ it was a .good idea to simplify the benefits system to something more manageable. All parties should have been behind it, its implementation has been lamentable, and should have been halted until it could be properly launched.

As for voting intentions im sure if you have suffered it will impact on how you vote but more problematic is what alternatives are available, i expect none now for me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top