Join for free
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 09:30 PM

Re: What happens if Putin attacks the Yanks.

Originally Posted by Dobra ->
Russian armaments are unreliable, most out of date
I'm not sure about that. I have read that big improvements have been made lately.

I do think that we, and the Yanks too if they have any sense, should keep well out of the Middle East. It is none of our business anyway, and if we are concerned about ISIS I am confident that Russia is having a much greater effect on them than we or America ever have had.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 09:49 PM

Haven’t read a truer word today, but yo have let the cat out if the bag, most if the above still believe in the Russian unbeatable Bogeyman
They are sticking up with Spam as we speak
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 09:56 PM

What Trump does not realise is that China will back Russia all the way as will North Korea and probably Iran. Im going out to buy a special bottle of Scotch just in case.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 10:01 PM

Yes, back to the numbers, just like ant's, how many are expendable.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2018, 10:51 PM

Hi

Nobody knows what either side has got, the military always keep their new toys to themselves.

Stealth technology is decades old now, it was a huge surprise at the time.

They will not have been sitting twiddling their thumbs.

I sincerely hope that we are not about to find out.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 03:20 AM

We will support Trump .
That much is obvious .
We can kick all the Russian billionaires out of their London Mansions and use them to rehouse the homeless from Grenfell Tower
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I'm off to apply for several credit cards, may as well enjoy the last of my life
Tessa the end of the world Is forecast on April 23 rd so I think you may be too late .
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 04:28 AM

I was just wondering if Putin cut off our gas supplies how would we cope? Could we get supplies from elsewhere?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

I do think that we, and the Yanks too if they have any sense, should keep well out of the Middle East. It is none of our business anyway, and if we are concerned about ISIS I am confident that Russia is having a much greater effect on them than we or America ever have had.
If it comes to a fight I doubt we will have the choice, JBR. Unfortunately there are still a number of USAF bases here - they would use UK as a giant aircraft carrier. Not to mention the 'listening stations' such as Menwith Hill - if I were the Russians that would be my first target - Greenham Common would be my second. UK crippled.

Our own defences have been diminished so much over the years as to be almost useless and what we do have seem to be permanently deployed elsewhere. I would not give much for our chances.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 06:00 AM

Blimey I'm not far from Menwith Hill, I didn't appreciate it was such high profile target.

I just hope none of them start thinking nuclear but I'm sure that's just a matter of time before that happens...oh gosh doom and gloom today.

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top