Join for free
Page 9 of 12 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 02:10 PM

Re: Is it time to let Alfie go ?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I can’t believe Alfie’s father, 21 year old Tom Evans wants to prosecute the doctors for conspiracy to murder.

Why couldn’t the parents have kept all this private, instead of making it into a circus?
Art no doubt the father has been advised by some interfering busy body with their own agenda and some lawyer somewhere could make a packet out of another person's misery....

I agree it should have been kept private, this circus is not fair on the hospital staff either.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 02:40 PM

Just seen him comment that it's a misdiagnosis , that they're starving Alfie and you wouldn't do that to an animal .

So they'll take him home and look after him by themselves just as they're doing in hospital. l
oldfool
london
oldfool is male  oldfool has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 02:58 PM

its just so sad and such a desperate situation. I feel for everyone. mum and dad - family - hospital. going to be not happy ending.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 03:03 PM

Even the Americans getting involved now...plus an online petition.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/am...pport-of-alfie

Americans to protest at British embassy in support of Alfie this Thursday

Save Alfie Evans! Tell the hospital to let his parents take him home. Sign here.

WASHINGTON, D.C., April 24, 2018 (LifeSiteNews) – Americans will hold a vigil in support of Alfie Evans outside the British embassy in Washington, D.C. on Thursday, April 26 at 11:00 a.m.

“We are gathering together at the British Embassy to pray and stand in solidarity with Alfie Evans and his family,” organizer Rev. Patrick Mahoney told LifeSiteNews. “We want to be a loud public voice that parents know what is best for their children more than government bureaucrats.”

He also said the event will convey that “the disabled community deserves equal rights and protection.”

Alfie’s father Thomas Evans says Alder Hey Children’s Hospital wouldn’t do to an animal what they are doing to Alfie.

Too right they wouldn't!
An animal would have been humanely put down months and months ago.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Even the Americans getting involved now...plus an online petition.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/am...pport-of-alfie

Americans to protest at British embassy in support of Alfie this Thursday

Save Alfie Evans! Tell the hospital to let his parents take him home. Sign here.

WASHINGTON, D.C., April 24, 2018 (LifeSiteNews) – Americans will hold a vigil in support of Alfie Evans outside the British embassy in Washington, D.C. on Thursday, April 26 at 11:00 a.m.

“We are gathering together at the British Embassy to pray and stand in solidarity with Alfie Evans and his family,” organizer Rev. Patrick Mahoney told LifeSiteNews. “We want to be a loud public voice that parents know what is best for their children more than government bureaucrats.”

He also said the event will convey that “the disabled community deserves equal rights and protection.”

Alfie’s father Thomas Evans says Alder Hey Children’s Hospital wouldn’t do to an animal what they are doing to Alfie.

Too right they wouldn't!
An animal would have been humanely put down months and months ago.
Of course it would.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 06:20 PM

I don't think that Alfie's parents are the brightest buttons in the box, but we need to remember that they dealing with potentially losing their son, so I feel sorry for them.
The pope has given them a promise that the child can continue palliative care in Rome and they must be convinced that this may mean he has a chance of survival.
All parents would need time to accept that their child is going to die, but I really don't think they can when people are protesting or offering assistance to take him to Rome.... so I really hope that Alfie will drift off into a peaceful permanent sleep soon.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 07:03 PM

Does anyone know why Alfie’s parents each have their own lawyer? Aren’t they a couple?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Everything else aside, I think that if the parents want to take him to Rome they should have been allowed to do so. I don't understand why a court should be allowed to prevent this. Parents should be free to treat their child where they wish. I don't understand why the NHS is wasting money to get involved in court action that stops parents making choices for their children.

I agree.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 08:55 PM

They are hoping to take him home today he has been 3 days without life support,his Dad seems to feel it will be easy to care for himm but what happens if he has a bad turn, will they expect the Hospital to care for him again? If he goes to Rome who will pay for his keep /treatment there ? Where are this couple getting the money for the court cases ,and the cost of taking him to Rome ?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2018, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
They are hoping to take him home today he has been 3 days without life support,his Dad seems to feel it will be easy to care for himm but what happens if he has a bad turn, will they expect the Hospital to care for him again? If he goes to Rome who will pay for his keep /treatment there ? Where are this couple getting the money for the court cases ,and the cost of taking him to Rome ?

2 valid points you've made there, deylon.
And what about the expense of the lawyers advising them too?

Page 9 of 12 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top